Job and househelp

Hey all,

Lucy Anne is my name, landed in kigali like a month ago to join my husband who is on assignment. So far so good and enjoying the sanity,calmness and peace that prevails here. Been looking for a live in housegirl to cater to our son who is 1 and 1/2 years and household work but havent got any yet. Any ideas? Further am looking for a Job in the health sector and Ngos. I hold a masters in  public health(family health and nutrition), have the knowledge of carrying out research, monitoring and evaluation. If any one gets a word on such opportunities, please let me know.

Hi Lucy Anne and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for the introduction.;)

Have you tried to post an advert in the Jobs section of Kigali classifieds? It may help.:)

Harmonie.

Hello Lucy, i think you should check with Partners in Health, they have had many similar jobs being advertised last weeks. I did not check but i would have notified you. Visit regularly this website and follow them on twitter. There many positions getting advertised on a weekly basis. jobinrwanda.com.

Good luck!

Thanks alot for the information. Will try. what about a househelp?? any one with an idea.

Hi!!! everybody my name is Rodolph i leave in Benin and i would like to work in Rwanda, tell me what i get do?

Hey Lucy
You are my homegirl!
anyway about house girls after a serious struggle with locals, since its hard to get one who speaks swahili, i gave up and brought someone from back home, i pay her a bit extra[recomended 7k:)] but its worth the peace of mind.
Oh and i dont have to worry she will go on an off day and not come back, that happened to me severally.
this is bordering on TMI now.
Welcome to Kigali though

Hey shi,

Good to hear from you.We should interactthe more especially coz we have something in common.Thanks for the information.I have struggled with the housegirls to the extent am in th process of organizing for someone from home.I dont like their mentality of them lying that sone one understds english so that they get employed by foreigners.

Kindest regards
Lucy

i hope you did find a house help...you could be of help considering am planning to relocate to kigali in oct i might need some tips

Hi Cindy
Make sure you come and do a recon while on your own first, find a house and set up systems before moving with the fam.
It can be crazy if you try to do all those things with your family here
Houses are generally expensive, but you can find a decent one from $400-$500, yes its pricey but it is what it is
You will find agents to help you find a house, another thing is to search with no rush, there are always rooms being advertised in shared houses so you could bunk there as you try and find a house
The agents are ridiculously expensive asking for up to one months rent in fees, but you can talk them down to say half a months rent. Life is much like home just more expensive.

Hey Shi,

Damn kigali sounds damn expensive!!am planning to come there for some two days on the 27th n 28th this month,dont have a family just me n him..ad love to get my own place n not share..the houses advertised on the classified are they through agents ama?alafu a good area to live would be?will let u know wen am coming u cud give me some tips...
oh one more thing..do they speak swahili?

cyndee

Well depends on where your job is, most hoods are safe though. send me a direct message with your email then i can give you my number. You can call me when you arrive

Hi good people,am from kenya and I need any job.please call email so that we may talk.
Ashmakoli@yahoo.com

Hi Chananah > you should post your advert in the jobs in Kigali section. Best of luck

@cyndee Hello

Hello all,

Am Mary aged 24 , speak fluent English and little Swahili as in my family and l used to stay in Kenya meaning we still use Swahili at our home .Looking  for a part time househelp job with 3 years experience from expats who went back to their home country ,any recommendations please help.

Thank you

Do you know how to cook Indian food?

Hello everyone,

Job seekers should post their CVs in the dedicated section for Job offers in Kigali only as we do not accept such requests on the forum.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

[Thread closed]

Closed