Moving in september 2012 to jeddah!

hi everybody,

as i could read, i am doing as lots of expats here: my husband accepted a job offer and is nearly moving to jeddah. i will probably join him with our kids (5 and 9 months old). may i also ask some questions?

- we have been told that he will have to stay more than a month to get his immigration papers (we are french by the way, don't know if they make a difference regarding the origins). then for me and the children it would be faster to get them. can you confirm that information.

- we tried to book a reservation in the sierra compound (they told me that it is the best one in town) and it is close to the french school. it seems that they even don't want to before we have those papers of working permit. i am afraid that it might be too late then to have a vacancy. is there any way to make sure to have a confirm before that?

- i would love to work in jeddah, as i always did. do you know if there is a lot of demand in HR Field for ladies? is it possible to work there for a women? i heard that it is easier to teach or in a medical field?

- can you advice a nice kinder garden for a 1 year old child.

thank you so much in advance for your help.

lala2106

lala2106 wrote:

hi everybody,

as i could read, i am doing as lots of expats here: my husband accepted a job offer and is nearly moving to jeddah. i will probably join him with our kids (5 and 9 months old). may i also ask some questions?

- we have been told that he will have to stay more than a month to get his immigration papers (we are french by the way, don't know if they make a difference regarding the origins). then for me and the children it would be faster to get them. can you confirm that information.

- we tried to book a reservation in the sierra compound (they told me that it is the best one in town) and it is close to the french school. it seems that they even don't want to before we have those papers of working permit. i am afraid that it might be too late then to have a vacancy. is there any way to make sure to have a confirm before that?

- i would love to work in jeddah, as i always did. do you know if there is a lot of demand in HR Field for ladies? is it possible to work there for a women? i heard that it is easier to teach or in a medical field?

- can you advice a nice kinder garden for a 1 year old child.

thank you so much in advance for your help.

lala2106

Hi Lala, welcome to EB & Saudi Arabia. You may ask many many questions here. You'll get help here. :)
Women are not allowed to work in Saudi Arabia, except in Hospitals and Educational Institutions. I hope others will be able to explain in detail.

Look into the Lotus IV compound.   2 BR is around SAR 100,000 and 3 BR is SAR 140,000.   Many Frech and French Lebanese there.   Also has a Frech day care but only for 1/2 a day normally must pick up after lunch.  Has bus to French School.   Has smany French parties on the weekend at their restaurant.   Good luck with Sierra the waiting list is usually over a year.