Menu
Expat.com

Flag football (american football) ???

Last activity 20 July 2014 by huu cuong

lude2u

Hello everyone!
ive been lurking on this forum for awhile but just recently registered. I am curious to know if anyone know of any sort of group that gets together and play flag football(American style football) in Saigon?  Ive tried searching a bunch but haven't found any such group in Saigon. I would love to join something like that, if not, I brought my football and flags if anyone is interested in getting together and play some football and hangout for refreshments afterward.

-Viet

JVo18

Hey Lude, I'd be interested. It's been tough not watching my beloved Giants back home (even though I can stream here). Maybe some flag will help ease the pain haha

Jerry

lude2u

Jerry, I do like the Giants as well.  Im a little ashamed to tell you who my beloved team is (**Ahem** The Jaguars..). haha.  Other than MJD, the team is pretty bad.

If you know of others who would like to play, that'll be great.  We just need enough for a 5on5 game then we can all figure out a time and place. I only know of a place at 41 Huỳnh Thiên Lộc, Hoà Thạnh, Tân Phú, i forgot the name of the place, but for 200k vnd (20k each person) we get the artificial-turf field for an hour.

JVo18

Hey Lude, I'll see if I can round some people up. What district do you live in?

No shame in liking the Jaguars. Hopefully Gabbert will step up this year. Won't hurt having Blackmon on the team either to take pressure off MJD.

lude2u

Im currently staying in Tan Phu District. 

I never saw anything special about Gabbert coming out from college, but hopefully he can improve.  Blackmon is a beast but has two DUIs already...might be out of the league in 3 years.

vinceWIN

I'm down too... The only thing is finding a field big enough.

GO NINERS!

keno2

Hey, I'd be interested in playing also if there's enough for a game.

lude2u

alright, so we have engough for a 2on2 game now. haha.

Vince, the artificial field at 41 Huỳnh Thiên Lộc, Hoà Thạnh, dítrict: Tân Phú is a good size field for flag football.

deweynguyen88

Im so down for this, how many people do you have already? Can i join?

lude2u

We dont have many...if you know of others that would be great.  Hopefully this weekend!

rojamin

could be fun, I need to update my knowledge about this game LOL I have no idea how they play that brutal football game in america

jfleak

Hey I would definitly be up for some flag football.  Count me in.
Have you started playing yet?

zomfgwtfkthxbye

Bump

A little too late I guess, and I don't see any activity but still if there are people who are gathering and playing or want to count me in.

lude2u

We never had the right amount of people wanting to play or can coordinate the right time.  I will be back to HCMC this Wednesday if anyone wants to play this weekend, please let us know! 
Maybe we can get a 4on4 game on, but 5on5 game is more fun. Also, if anyone know of a better field we can play on or more people, that would be great.

Thanks!

zomfgwtfkthxbye

Yeah I guess it's kinda hard to find people to play american football in Vietnam, well anyway even if we don't gather enough people for a game I'm up even just to meet and throw a football around.

numenere

Hey there! Is this football plan still up? I am dying to join if so. Missing my days living in the US playing flag and tossing the ball at the park.
Let me know.

Anh Map

The big question is: does anyone have an actual football to toss around?

SkyTOP

Hi guys

There's a club in mah school offer that sport too. Actually i'm not a member of the club yet (since i'm so tiny to play the game, ^^). I saw a small american football tournament in mah school last Saturday (mostly foreigners joined), so I think it's a bit popular there.
Everyone is wellcome to join in.

This is the page: facebook.com/RmitAmericanFootballClubsgs
The location is on District 7 (RMIT University)
Hope it could help!

Best regards.

lude2u

I have the football and flags. 

I would be down to meet up and toss the football around, also.  I used to play almost every Sunday and now missing those days, as well.

Thanks for the info SkyTOP.

numenere

I don't know how many will be down to it but why not set up something this coming Saturday or Sunday?
Only thing is I have no big experience in Saigon public parks so no idea if they allow activities or are even big enough...
Otherwise there like an open grass field in district 2 (An Phu area) that I suppose decent enough to play on it (there are soccer goals on it so I guess...)

lude2u

I might check out the RMIT thing this Friday if anyone wants to meet me there around 4:30-5pm at the RMIT outdoor field.  A group including faculties and students play and welcome outsiders as well.

numenere

To bad I'm still usualy working at that time. Otherwise I would have come too. Let us know how was the thing at the RMIT.

zomfgwtfkthxbye

Sadly I just got back from Thailand and couldn't go to the RMIT today also I'm leaving on 4th of September, but in the following 3 days that I have I'm up for anything.

kwamelove

i want to ply too

Pravin

Hello kwamelove,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Please note that it's quite an old thread > 2012! wink.png

Thank you,
Pravin.

huu cuong

Hi there! Im currently in flag football now. We play on Monday, wed and Friday arround 4- 6.30 pm at RMIT sport field. Dist 7

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saigon

• Leisure in Vietnam
    Leisure in Vietnam

If you are looking for an affordable destination with beautiful landscapes, culture, and delicious cuisine, ...

• Sports in Vietnam
    Sports in Vietnam

A wide range of sports and recreational activities are available to locals and expatriates in Vietnam. Gyms, ...

• Explore Phu Quoc
    Explore Phu Quoc

Located in the very southwest of Vietnam, Phu Quoc Island, also known as Pearl Island, forms part of the Kien ...

• Activities in Ha Long Bay, Viet Nam
    Activities in Ha Long Bay, Viet Nam

As a tourists’ destination, Ha Long has plenty of activities for travellers of all age groups.

• The Vietnamese cuisine
    The Vietnamese cuisine

If you are traveling to Vietnam, sampling all the delicious cuisine should be a top priority. Read on to discover ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Working in Vietnam
    Working in Vietnam

Anyone thinking about working in Vietnam is in for a treat. Compared to many Western countries, Vietnam's ...

• Setting up a business in Vietnam
    Setting up a business in Vietnam

Foreign entrepreneurs from across the globe have been landing across Asia for decades. In August, Harvard ranked ...

All of Saigon's guide articles