KL Utilities Costs

Hello all,

I'll be moving to KL end of July with family (2+2) and I'm just trying to get a view of what I might expect my monthly utilities (gas, elec, water) costs to be.

I know it's a very subjective question, but I'm really after ball-park figures.

As I said, we'll be a family of 4 living in a 4BR/3500sqft new build condo, who will not be acclimatised to the KL heat and humidity.

Any views would be welcome.

Thanks.

Hi antony_sg_uk_kl!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi there,

Welcome to KL! I'm not sure where you have been living so far but we have come from Sydney and found the utility costs to be really cheap here.

We usually have ceiling fans on all the time and aircon on during the night and occasionally during the day. Our electricity bill ranges from 85-120RM a month (the latter was when we had a friend staying and so had 2x air conditioners on every night).

I can't remember how much our last water and gas bills were but they are also very low. Hope that helps!

We're coming from the UK and previous to that, Singapore. I can't help thinking that we may have the A/C on a bit more than you guys, but even still, the figures you state look very favourable.

Our new place has lots of ceiling fans too which should help keep the cost down.

Thanks for your help lisa.

A.