Menu
Expat.com

Do you have a favourite travel quote?

Last activity 24 June 2010 by bharathbb

The Happy Migrant

Here is mine ....

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be  Douglas Adams

Kama

ECS

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built" --John Shedd

Deutscharican

"No matter where I am there I am"
Eddie B. Alicea   

The Happy Migrant wrote:

Here is mine ....

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be  Douglas Adams

Kama

wgoodman3

--from Horace, I'm told, translator not known by me:

You take the highway, I'll take the byway;
I'll have more of life; you, of the road.

wgoodman3

EArcher

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart" - Confucius

anitakinkin

Tourists dont know where theyve been, travelers dont know where theyre going.  I'm not sure where this comes from but when I was backpacking we met a South African man who said this to us and we continued to use it throughout our backpacking years (BC - Before Children).  We just loved saying it as we didn't know where we would end up.  We would always make plans to go to one place and then end up somewhere completely unexpected.

Turkey Baz

"If you want to go down deep you do not need to travel far" - Wittgenstein

orangesplaash

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.smile.png

charlie007

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

tarn

A traveller! By my faith, you have great
reason to be sad. I fear you have sold your own
lands to see other men's; then, to have seen
much and to have nothing, is to have rich eyes
and poor hands.
- Shakespeare (As you like it)

--------

this one is another favorite, just because it is a little provocative.

Traveling is a fool's paradise... I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea and at last wake up in Naples, and there besides me is the stern fact, the sad self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

sweetchoice

"Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversations. Elizabeth Drew

sweetchoice

You got to be careful if you dont know where youre going, because you might not get there. Yogi Berra

sweetchoice

If you are going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

Fmaggi

The world is but a book, and those who don't travel haven't turned a single page...

Mountainboy

the world is like a book.if you are not travelling you are reading only one page.......

Guest45

To travel and truly experience different cultures is like having a ticket to the theatre in your hand, but the movie you watch is up to you.

bharathbb

... "When in Rome, do as the Romans do.." old phrase.. which means a lot of things ... Experience the place the way the locals do.. The food & wine, tradition & Culture are the main things. Try the local stuff..

Another phrase "..Take the Road less traveled.. " best way to explore any country is by taking the road transport available.. rather than trying to save the time by flying..

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles