Menu
Expat.com

What do you do to pass time when it pouring rain

Last activity 18 November 2012 by hutkgjf

haggishunter

Well today for me it was cutting out decoupage. top.png
very sore hand now tho sosad.png

globetrotter

trying to entertain my 2,5 year old son. I've had more than enough of this weather, I can tell you!

haggishunter

globetrotter
pity you are not in edinburgh, my work is running a craft class 5 days  week for kids and its free.

Fred

I play internet, work or 'entertain' a lady.

globetrotter

haggishunter

I just need to hold on a couple more months and then he is off to school. And I'll probably miss him like hell...

haggishunter

globetrotter
Just wait till he comes home from school. The first thing he will prob say 'I'm hungry' or i dont want to go back.

globetrotter

haggishunter
I'm sure he'll be frustrated since we're moving to greater London in September and he doesn't speak English.

haggishunter

He will supprise you with his english in no time.

HaileyinHongKong

It's always raining here.  We need to find things to do when it's sunny.

jazzy851

When i was in UK, and it rained, well i had to keep my self busy indoors..either watching TV (films), Surfing net or get chatting to others to avoid boredom ! big_smile.png

I sure dont miss the rain, now that i'm in Bahrain tongue.pngbig_smile.png

haggishunter

guess what........
we have a round yellow thing in the sky today blink.gifunsure.png

rajrana1981

play football

haggishunter

well im going to be really bad and do what the doctor says i cant do for 2 weeks till the steriod starts to work......

Im going to cut more decoupage whistle.gif

Fred

Should the weather turn bad, no more worries, I'll just watch on of my massive collection of movies.

Of course, in my case, I have to stay at home after dark anyway because my wife doesn't allow me to go out and I'm too scared to defy her orders.

haggishunter

the big yellow ball in the sky has run away sosad.png
Now the sky is leaking heavy nothappy.gif

babes2421

it would be nice to sleep when its raining or having a hot coffee:)

kiwiinkorea

Open all the windows and have a beer and listen

allreadytogo21

Has to be drink beer,, work hard in the gym and have a few pints of Guinness looking out the window.... as we say(grand job)

JasfurJQ

looking outside from my window while singing
"Rain,rain go away
come again another day
little manny wants to play.
till the rain stops.

aabie ryan

well..i think i will go outside and dance in the rain..
\(^_^)/
and after that..have a cup of hot chocolate..

kiwiinkorea wrote:

Open all the windows and have a beer and listen

but that's sound tempting also,kiwiinkorea  big_smile.png

Primadonna

making muffins or brownies of other sweets, depends on the mood and in what season it rains.
Or see a movie, or email a friend who is waiting a long time for your reaction, read a good book or just listen to the rain.

Kate29

I Use to run thru the rain when i was a Little girl,but since im here in Amman (If only on my day off) ,i just gaze thru the window with a Hot Tea,or cuddle my Cat as his Furr is warm or just watchin TV,but on ussual day goin to work eventho no patients coming big_smile.png

winona119

it's too much raining here, so i prefer to see movies with my friends:)

ssaqib

it seldom rain in Khartoum though. but in our country, whenever it rains, it is time to make different varieties of appetizers like pakoras, halwas with nice mix tea and have a family sitting to share stories.

gella8

i stay indoors reading or watching some good movie.

winona119

Watching movies, and have fun with my friends smile.png)))

hutkgjf

I read all your posts and my opinion is: Time is the most valuable resource and we waste more time on little things we waste our time on things that hold no value. It's the only thing we cannot get any more of it.

Articles to help you in your expat project

• Leisure in Italy
    Leisure in Italy

Living in Italy also means benefiting from a multitude of leisure activities. Between museums, art cities, ...

• Leisure activities in Taiwan
    Leisure activities in Taiwan

Taiwan has a lot to offer to travelers as well as expats when it comes to leisure. There are activities throughout ...

• Leisure activities in Mauritius
    Leisure activities in Mauritius

Mauritius is a lot of things, but it is not dull! You'll always find something interesting to do, whether by the ...

• Leisure activities in Greece
    Leisure activities in Greece

Greece has a rich culture and gastronomy scene, along with drinking, as well as plenty of things to see and learn, ...

• The Omani lifestyle
    The Omani lifestyle

Before moving to Oman, people should be aware of the local lifestyle. The Omani way of life is a unique blend of ...

• Things to do in Manila alone
    Things to do in Manila alone

Manila is a bustling and multicultural city.  There is a plethora of activities in Manila to awaken the ...

• American cuisine
    American cuisine

The United States is a culinary melting pot, with cuisine as diverse as its people. While America does have a ...

• Things to do in Türkiye
    Things to do in Türkiye

You are in for a treat if you are in Türkiye as an expat. There are lots of different leisure opportunities ...

All guide articles