Menu
Expat.com

Residency in Nepal

Last activity 21 July 2012 by ronhaw2100

ronhaw2100

Hi,

I am a new member to this site and it looks like a great place for advice on living in Nepal.

I am hoping to get some advice on getting residency status in Nepal. My Wife is a Nepali citizen and we want to live there long term after my retirement. If anyone out there has some knowledge on this process I would love to hear from you.

MadagascarNow

That's an easy question. A marriage visa is the easiest and cheapest. But your wife will need to accompany you to immigration to make sure it is a real marriage.

Feel free to read my blog with activities and information on life in Nepal at http://frugaltravelsnepal.blogspot.com

You are really going to love living in Nepal.

ronhaw2100

Thanks for the info!! I'll check out your blog.

Cheers

Articles to help you in your expat project in Nepal

• Long term visa in Nepal
    Long term visa in Nepal

If you are serious planning to become an expat in Nepal the best way is to participate as a shareholder to an ...

• About Nepal in general
    About Nepal in general

Nepal, once a Kingdom and now, since April 2008, a Federal Democratic Republic, is a tiny country between its ...

• Volunteering in Nepal
    Volunteering in Nepal

Many young people would like to combine their travels with some sort of volunteer job. This is a common sight in ...

• Visiting Nepal
    Visiting Nepal

Visiting Nepal , the roof of the world , is every mountain loving travelers' dream one day. Once done so one ...

• Taxing expats in Nepal
    Taxing expats in Nepal

What kind of taxes does an expat face in Nepal?

• How to stay healthy in Nepal- Some good advices!
    How to stay healthy in Nepal- Some good advices!

"swine flue screening" at Kathmandu Airport!

• Visit Nepal
    Visit Nepal

Nepal is an unknown land of natural beauty. Googling the world with natural beauty keyword, perhaps we will end up ...

All of Nepal's guide articles