Menu
Expat.com

Self employed

Last activity 23 July 2012 by joaquinx

Greco

Hi everyone,

I am planning to move to Mexico around October and start working there as an interdependent sales agent for some Greek companies.
My question is : should i need to register as self employed and paying taxes in Mexico? I will be getting paid just from the Greek companies but i will need to give a payment receipt to the Greek companies every time i will get paid my commission.

I already have an FM3 visa which expires on November but the visa is not an issue for me because I planning to get marry with my mexican gf.

Muchas gracias smile.png

Christine

Hi Greco,

Welcome to Expat.com! smile.png

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

joaquinx

You still need a visa that permits you to work. Your employer should help you in obtaining one. If your home country has a tax treaty with Mexico that permits you to pay taxes to them and not to Mexico, you don't have to pay. Else, you'll pay taxes to Mexico.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mexico

• The tax system in Mexico
    The tax system in Mexico

Mexico has a pretty straightforward tax system. Nevertheless, for someone that is not familiar with it, obtaining ...

• Dating in Mexico
    Dating in Mexico

We can recognize an intrinsic spark of love in the Mexican culture, "la serenata." Remember that ...

• Leisure activities in Mexico
    Leisure activities in Mexico

Mexico has activities for everyone: from exciting adventure to peaceful relaxation, high culture to rowdy street ...

• Working in Cancun
    Working in Cancun

Cancun and surrounding areas are popular destinations for both tourists and expatriates alike. Cancun is the ...

• Accommodation in Cancun
    Accommodation in Cancun

Like in other parts of Mexico, the best way to find accommodation in Cancun is by searching for one while ...

• Travelling around Mexico
    Travelling around Mexico

One of the best parts about living in Mexico is being able to travel across the country. Mexico may appear small ...

• Childcare and education in Mexico
    Childcare and education in Mexico

Many Mexicans' lives, young and old, revolve around family issues. Children are accepted on most social ...

• Buying property in Mexico City
    Buying property in Mexico City

People travel from all across the globe to reside in Latin America because of its cultural richness and usually ...

All of Mexico's guide articles