Menu
Expat.com

hello Everyone:D

Last activity 26 May 2014 by tahir afzal

Leenoj

hey i'm new here in Expat.com and i would love to visit istanbul...is it hard to find internships in istanbul or maybe a job?!

Bakr k

Hi Leen,
I'm also from Syria, have been in Istanbul before, now in Ankara and moving to Istanbul again soon, from my experience here as non-Turkish speaker I can tell you that it's not that easy to find a job if you don't speak Turkish. It's very rare to meet someone who speaks English, also there's a lot of expats and visitors in this beautiful city, but when it comes to find a job and work - it's very demanding to speak Turkish.
You can come to Istanbul and stay for a month or so, explore the city and understand the culture, if you like it then maybe you can apply for residence permit, that will make your process of finding a job much easier.
Wish you luck to fulfill your dream of living here!

Bakr.

Leenoj

Hey bakr thank you for your response:D then maybe i'll learn turkish and then visit istanbul i don't know yet:D what are you doing in istanbul?!for tourism or business?!

mortiis

Hi Leenoj. It's quit hard to find a person who can speak English. You can try expats groups about that they study/practice Turkish language. Also, It's not easy to find a job if you don't speak Turkish but there is always some jobs that you can find from career websites such as secretive, kariyer (dot) net etc. Let me know if you need any help. I used to live in abroad about 10 years I know the difficulties about language/job. smile.png

hadrika

Hi Everyone!

I'm a new one here. I have read several useful details here in connection with moving to Turkey.

I'm also planning to move to Istanbul. I'm getting familiar with Turkish language but my knowledge is not enough now. I can speak in English, in Greek and Hungarian is my mother tounge.
Currently I work with multinational companies in my country and I plan to work in Istanbul at a multinatinal company too. In my country, if you want to work at a multinational company, it is more important to speak in English than Hungarian. Do you think it can be similar in Turkey too?
When I am in Istanbul, I always realize that almost nobody can speak in English.
Thanks

arkadasim

Hey Leenoj smile.png
hope all is well with you. . where aqre you from ? you already know English, which might be useful for you to find a job, and if you specify your native, that might narrow down some options. . . any ideas on what kind of job you'd like to work in?
All the best for now
cheers & hugs

tahir afzal

best of luck

Articles to help you in your expat project in Istanbul

All of Istanbul's guide articles