Menu
Expat.com

Just landed in Beijing :)

Last activity 24 September 2012 by Manlin

Devinisme123

Hey guys, my name is Devin-I'm from the U.S. and living in Beijing for the next year. I'm one of the crazy ones who came over not knowing a soul so if you are trying to make new friends... I am too! I definetly want to see the city... tourist attractions to holes in the wall bars/restaurants, coffee to clubs, as long as the company is good-not partial!

fiona560

hi,i am fiona ,i am a girl form china.welcome to visit china .Maybe next year i also go to beijing and work there in the future ,i hope we can become friend and we can meet each other next year .i anticipate that day.looking forward your reply.

Devinisme123

Hi Fiona, sounds great! Hope you make it out to Beijing-till then, good luck!

Bo0x

Hi Devin !
I just arrived in Beijing too and I'm looking for some people to hang out with.
If you are interested, this would be a pleasure to do some sightseeing and everything else with you smile.png

Bye Bye

Max

fiona560

i am so glad to meet you ,so how we can keep in touch with each other ?maybe i leave my email or another ,so that we can contact.

Devinisme123

Sure, mine is Devinisme123@aol.com

bayleyt

Devin and Max, I sent you guys both private messages before realizing I can reply on here...oops!
Let me know if you guys are interesting in connecting!

Bo0x

Bayleyt I sent you back a PM smile.png
It would be a pleasure to talk/meet with you.

Devinisme123

No worries Baylet, also sent one back-glad to hear from you!

helen ly

Hi Fiona,

Wish you enjoy a great time in Beijing!!

Regards

Helen

bayleyt

Devin- I didn't get a message from you. Was it a private message?

Are you still interested in meeting up?

Devinisme123

hey-I do work Sunday, but I basically just need to show up... no classes so I am def down for going out Saturday night! I messaged you my number, not sure if you got it? Also have a QQ now.

fiona560

do you have QQ,maybe i can add your QQ

Manlin

We organise get togethers / networking events every Tuesday so no need to feel alone. Just pop in on any gived Tuesday and we will be happy to meet you and help you shake off that new in town feeling. Each Tuesday a different venue. Despite popluar belief I am not on-line 24/7 so if you want to contact me feel free to SMS or call me on 139 1109 8002.

Devinisme123

sounds good-where is the one tomorrow?

Manlin

Tomorrow, as in Tuesday 25 September, is in Switch

Switch is a restaurant /bar just opposite the car entrance to the Swissotel. The nearest subway station is Dongsishitiao Qiao and it is a 2 minute walk from the station.  Go out via the exit for the hotel and walk round the back of the hotel.

Devinisme123

sounds great! I will try and make it!

Manlin

Devinisme when you arrive ask for me and I will arrange for you the discount price of 100RMB instead of 130RMB or text / message me your real name and I will add you to the list

Articles to help you in your expat project in Beijing

• Accommodation in Beijing
    Accommodation in Beijing

If you are moving to Beijing, one of the first to-dos on your list will be finding a place to live. China's ...

• Finding work in Beijing
    Finding work in Beijing

Beijing is the capital of China, and as the country's major city, it offers a wide range of opportunities for ...

• Study in Beijing
    Study in Beijing

China's capital is not only the second largest city in the country (after Shanghai) but also a leading hub in ...

• The importance of English language in China.
    The importance of English language in China.

Languages are a fascinating subject, particularly when it concerns the amount of speakers. Currently, the English ...

• Must-see places in Beijing
    Must-see places in Beijing

So, now if you’re visiting in one of the national holidays (like I visited during the Tomb Sweeping Days), ...

• Accommodation in Dalian
    Accommodation in Dalian

Dalian is the biggest city in Liaoning province. The city is home to over six million people, many of which are ...

• Accommodation in Chongqing
    Accommodation in Chongqing

Chongqing is an important city in southwest China. It is home to over 30 million people and is considered to be ...

All of Beijing's guide articles