Menu
Expat.com

has anyone rented a room in la cite in xujiahui?

Last activity 20 June 2013 by Delphi.Yuan

Swati Grover

Hi

I am back to shanghai after 4 months n just got scammed by a chinese girl renting a room in la cite building no 7, 223 east nandan road? After three days of moving in, the girl harasses us and also attacked my Spanish room mate, forces us to get out of her home. the case is with police now. but police did not support us too much. it was a scary experience with a loss of 16000 yuan by both of us.

I just want to make sure no one else gets trapped in it, have you heard about it? do u know any good lawyer?

I just want all to be aware of such a situation.

Thanks

josephinelo

hi,
i was shocked when i read your post. i had a similar case in July when i first move here.
i rented a flat in la cite, building 7, and there was a local shanghainese girl said she is a freelance journalist.

i moved there for 1month, after that, she harassed us and throw our stuff out of the house, lock the door and don't let us in...etc.

finally i just want to move out, coz i was afraid she is kind of mental people. but she didn't let us move and we called the police finally. like your case, the police didn't really supoort us.
i also lost like 12000.

is the girl call herself sissy?
my goodness, we should stop her!!

Jo

Prateekdubey

Thanks for the info swati

Delphi.Yuan

in this case,better find a friend who is a chinese when u rent the house,he/she can deal with this better.

Delphi.Yuan

or you can find a house renting agent,sign a 3-party contract.This way is better for ur case

Articles to help you in your expat project in Shanghai

• Buying property in Shanghai
    Buying property in Shanghai

Shanghai has continually appeared close to the top of the list of cities with the most expensive real estate in ...

• Accommodation in Shanghai
    Accommodation in Shanghai

Shanghai is a modern international metropolis that offers plenty of accommodation options for expats, both ...

• Shanghai neighbourhoods
    Shanghai neighbourhoods

Spreading over 6,341 square kilometres and home to over 25 million people, Shanghai can get overwhelming ...

• Accommodation in Jinan
    Accommodation in Jinan

Jinan is the capital city of China's Shandong province. It is home to over eight million people and is an ...

• Accommodation in China
    Accommodation in China

One of the first things you will need to do once you've arrived in China is to find a place to live. Renting an ...

• Finding work in Shanghai
    Finding work in Shanghai

Shanghai frequently tops the list of the most desirable destinations for expats in China — in no small part ...

• Study in Shanghai
    Study in Shanghai

China's largest city is also the country's commercial hub and one of the trendiest cities in Asia. The ...

• Student life in Shanghai
    Student life in Shanghai

Studying abroad can be an exciting and eye-opening experience in a variety of ways. Especially if you have chosen ...

All of Shanghai's guide articles