Menu
Expat.com

Which do you prefer? A food cooked by yourself or just a bought one.

Last activity 26 October 2012 by Adim

ronald.domingo17

Hello Fellows... just a simple question to ask from you. thanks

Primadonna

I prefer food cooked by myself: I know what is in there and I know what I like.
But honestly: when I feel tired and not in the mood or not enough time to prepare to cook then I will choose take away food.
And that means a couple of times in a year...

HaileyinHongKong

I prefer food cooked for me by someone else, but since no one's willing to do it unless I stand in line and buy it from them, I buy most of my food.

James

Well, I learned how to cook when I was just five years old. Spent all my time in the kitchen with my Italian grandfather who taught me everything. Early on I developed a flare for international cuisine and made my first French dinner at the ripe old age of nine. It was Duck a l'orange with all the trimmings. In later life I was a culinary arts teacher before I became an English teacher.

So, I really prefer cooking myself. My wife is also a great cook and is very creative with foods. However, I certainly do enjoy a good restaurant meal from time to time, especially if it is some ethnic dish or regional Brazilian dish.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

JasfurJQ

the moment I went abroad I start learning how to cook by myself and I even share it to my roomates but as time goes by I got lazy maybe because I have excess money to buy food outside. I still cook my food but occasionally and also depends on the kitchen if it is clean I might be in the mood cooking. hihihih big_smile.png

ronald.domingo17

Thanks for all your replies... I think its case to case basis for me. In my first two years here in Saudi Arabia, I cooked my own food since I was assigned in one of our project sites. I dont have any choice but to cook because there is no restaurants or foodshop to buy cooked food. But when I was assigned in the head office and there is a catering, I stop cooking and buy my food in the catering. It is more convenient and more practical for me...

Melanie_FR

I like eating good food and sharing meals with my international housemates, so I usually cook myself :p

stumpy

I learnt cooking from my grandmothers and so love cooking for people, enjoy my own cooking and that of others.

Kate29

I Prefer cooked by myself,,wether is good or not at least im Happy for the result,hehheeeeee,so far havent tried to cook local food,maybe next time big_smile.png

LordMaxmillean

nothing tasty than food I cook on my own

gella8

food cooked by me, of course.

ronald.domingo17

Thanks for all your replies... smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

migthyhanz

i dont mind to cook...but it seems cooking is really not meant for me....i tried to cook once....i follow the procedure.... but it ended not good....perhaps there's something wrong with my hand....or really not my talent...

with these i guess i have no choice.....but to eat outside....or even bought one...how sad....

Adim

cooked one for me as it is cheap and healthy!

James

Hi Emman,

Just a short message to say hello and let you know I think your new profile photo is super! Looks good my friend.

Cheers,

JasfurJQ
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Emman,

Just a short message to say hello and let you know I think your new profile photo is super! Looks good my friend.

Cheers,

thank your Sir James,

Well at least your the 2nd person who noticed my picture after my Mom.....hihihi smile.png

mercslk280

im lil bit health freak...so mostly try to cook by myself....n even if i have to eat from outside, i totally rely on steamed food.. smile.png

Adim
Emman Lopez wrote:
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Emman,

Cheers,

thank your Sir James,

Well at least your the 2nd person who noticed my picture after my Mom.....hihihi smile.png

yah nice pic..remind me the american actors i watched on movies.

aabie ryan
Emman Lopez wrote:
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Emman,

Cheers,

thank your Sir James,

watch out, Emman..that pic will attract more 'weird' PMs..
but their words mostly "oh,whatta hunk!!!...let's do skype!!"
whistle.gif

ronald.domingo17
aabie ryan wrote:
Emman Lopez wrote:
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Emman,

Cheers,

thank your Sir James,

watch out, Emman..that pic will attract more 'weird' PMs..
but their words mostly "oh,whatta hunk!!!...let's do skype!!"
whistle.gif

for sure...hehehe

JasfurJQ
Adim wrote:
Emman Lopez wrote:
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Emman,

Cheers,

thank your Sir James,

hahah the actor from "Paranormal Activity", which part? hihihi smile.png

JasfurJQ

hahaha so which one you prefer food cooked by you or take away. smile.png

waterqueen

Cooked by myself!

VidoDido

I love to cook by myself, specially when I'm in a good mood smile.png

jerryq

I prefered to cook your food,best things to do if you have plenty of time, but if you are busy, eat on slow cook resto instead of fast food

princess sandra

bought bought bought i can not cooking!!!

ronald.domingo17

I'm kind of in between.  I like making food myself, because I can see what goes in it and how it's handled.  But at the same time, I know I can't make a burger as well as the diner down the street.

Adim
Emman Lopez wrote:
Adim wrote:
Emman Lopez wrote:

thank your Sir James,

hahah the actor from "Paranormal Activity", which part? hihihi smile.png

haha lol!

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles