Menu
Expat.com

What have you learned by living abroad?

Last activity 06 December 2012 by James

hutkgjf

What i've learned is that the media lies! It sensationalizes facts about the world. It only show us what THEY wants us to see. For example the news about a particular country. Does it really look that bad as they show?

stumpy

Tolerance of others

JasfurJQ

plenty, I become more dependent, life become more interesting, learned how to control things by myself and most especially life is nothing without believing with God. smile.png

KeningRoa

I've learned to appreciate different cultures and respect its laws.

jerryq

Learning of other nationalities culture.smile.png

princess sandra

respect each other...

Fred

I know I knew nothing.

kiwiinkorea

Patience, tolerance and respect of culture and people.

aabie ryan

i learned a lot...not only from living abroad...but from daily issues also..

but, i learned that : I need a long time to remember all those important words in many different languages

Adim

about myself and others, about learning to be human being!

Wawuda

I learned that it takes time to adapt to other people's culture and it pays to be open minded.  Yes, the media blows things out of proportion, they can make you fearful when there's nothing to fear.

Faiqa
stumpy wrote:

Tolerance of others

I agree with Stumpy on this....

jamal omer

respecting the culture,Patience,and trying to find were ppl come from in order for a better understanding.

hELLnoi

you are one person.
there are six billion more!

HaileyinHongKong

I've learned that Chinese food in China is nothing like Chinese food outside of China.

hutkgjf
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I've learned that Chinese food in China is nothing like Chinese food outside of China.

For you it is all about food?

James

I came from Canada, a very multi-cultural country. I've learned even more about different cultures by living abroad and learned it's or differences that make us special.

I've also learned that the more different we seem to be on the surface (because of our cultures), the more similar we really are when you take a closer look.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles