Menu
Expat.com

asian looking for asian

Last activity 22 July 2013 by David

Helen Trinh

Hello everyone!

I am chinese and was born in Sweden 1985. 27 years young and I would like to get to know some new asian friends. Why asian? Because I travel to Asia once a year. And I would like to get to know some people over there. New people to have lunch/dinner with after/before a long shopping day in Your town. I would like to travel so much I can while I am young. Once I get my own family, I cant do it anymore. Im still single and I want to explore the world as much as I can before I can find The one to spend the rest of my life with. Especially Asia. I love the people and the weather, and the best part, the exotic food (I love spicy food).

I travel to Hongkong and Bangkok every year (since 2004), so its kinda traditonal thing for me. I know its stupid, but I told myself 8 years ago (2004) that I will travel around so much I can these ten years. After that, I will not travel anymore. So I have two years left to enjoy my life..

These past eight years, I have been to Hongkong eight times, Bangkok eight times, Seoul two times, Taipei two times, China several times (business and pleasure trip), Manila one time, Jakarta one time, Singapore two times, Iceland one time and New York one time (two months ago). This year (dec 2012) I will go to Hongkong (again), Bangkok (again) and Singapore (and again).

Before I quit travel, I have to visit Tokyo, Mongolia and Cambodia. I still have two years left to explore Asia.

Back to the topic: Im in this forum because I want to get to know new friends. I always travel alone (not many people can go with me because I cant stay in a country for more than three days, maximum five in each city. I get easily bored, thats why I always go by myself) and I love it. I can do whatever I want, eat whatever I want to, and sleep/wake up whenever I want to. The best part is: I can do exactly whatever I want.

If you live in Asia, and looking for some new friends. Dont hesitate to contact me. I am very easy to talk to and get along. It dosent matter if you are not good in english (my isnt that perfect either) but I am sure that we can still communicate somehow to each other.

I speak swedish, english, teo chew (I am origin teo chew nang), cantonese, understand vietnamese and mandarin.

My hobby: travel to unknown place, eat weird food and visit places nobody want to go (I have been to Iceland and I would like to visit Antartica before I die).

Sorry, I think I just wrote too much about me. Please email me if you want to know more about me. Its my second day here in this website, so I dont know so much about this forum. Give me some time and I will learn.

If you will ever come to Sweden/Stockholm, contact me. I can show you my town around better than a guide book does!

My quatation: `Treat people the way you want to be treated`.

Cheers!,

P.S. Look for me in Facebook if you want to get to know me more, or search for my email address: helen_85_Forever@yahoo.se.

Melissa346

Hello Helen Trinh,

Thank you for your introduction. I hope so members will be in contact soon

Melissa

honeyclotte

What about travel to Vietnam? We can meet up an have coffee..

Helen Trinh

Hi there!

I have only ten days of vacation. I booked yesterday four countries (!) and I dont think I can put Vietnam in this trip... hehe... Next time! big_smile.png What are you doing in Vietnam? Work there? 

honeyclotte wrote:

What about travel to Vietnam? We can meet up an have coffee..

alex.ng

can you help me find a job in your country, if you will visit Philippines you can contact me.

By the way im'm half chinese and half filipino , can speak a little mandarin.

Helen Trinh

Unfortunately it is not that easy to find job here. The unemployment is extremely high here already (many people got money from the goverment). If you want to work here from abroad, you will have to be `special`. Example: We dont have any filipino restaurant in Stockholm. Restaurant owner can put an ad at the job center website. If the restaurant owner still can not find any employer, THEN he/she can take people abroad. Or else, it wont work.

Or example if you work with SONY ERICSSON in Asia. I think they can change you so you can sit in the office in Stockholm/Sweden instead (if you wish to).

Let me know if you want to know more smile.png

alex.ng wrote:

can you help me find a job in your country, if you will visit Philippines you can contact me.

By the way im'm half chinese and half filipino , can speak a little mandarin.

annekoolit

wow i like that smile.png i think that's a great way to enjoy your life smile.png i'm anne btw. come here to manila again, maybe we can meet and hang out sometime smile.png

mizzmagz

wow you certainly have travelled!! smile.png NICE!

asriz

I'm trave to Vietnam next week.  Anybody can I meet up for coffee???

qeris

Wow wish I could live life this way. So many responsibilities hmm.png

I really admire people who live this way. Really should start on my bucket list lol. Kudos to you Helen! smile.png

maruf77

hello Helen,
Nice to hear about your life. Its really enjoyable! !

David

Hi maruf77,

Please note that this thread is quite old. smile.png

Thank you,

David.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Asia

• Working in Taiwan
    Working in Taiwan

Working in Taiwan depends on your skill set and the job you seek. Expats can find a wide range of jobs around the ...

• Driving in Taiwan
    Driving in Taiwan

To drive any vehicle in Taiwan, you are required to have a license. This includes renting a car or scooter. All ...

• Banking and finance in Taiwan
    Banking and finance in Taiwan

Whether you're a business owner, a student, or a foreign professional living in Taiwan, having a local bank ...

• Getting married in the Philippines
    Getting married in the Philippines

Getting married in the Philippines provides a backdrop of immense beauty through stunning beaches, tropical ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Phones and internet in Taiwan
    Phones and internet in Taiwan

Relocating to a foreign country like Taiwan can be an exciting yet challenging experience. However, with the ...

• Moving to Japan with your family
    Moving to Japan with your family

So, you have decided to move abroad with your family, but how can you get ready for this new adventure? How can ...

• Marriage in Hong Kong
    Marriage in Hong Kong

There are many reasons why you may want to get married in Hong Kong. You could be a long-term expat and have ...

All of Asia's guide articles