Menu
Expat.com

Leave or Stay ??

Last activity 03 December 2012 by someoneilike

Nellin Jessvellin

what should i do for my future?
stay at my city with lovely daddy and not sure about my career,
or move to another city and try to change my life?

its very hard to choice..i love my dad than everything.
but i am sad stay at my city. dont know what should i do at my city..
i want to try walk my own way.
no bond, no deriction, no permission, just force to leave.

i am sad to leave him. but i am sad to stay.

blushy

Just follow of what your heart says, during my university I dreamt to work outside of my country but it was only a dream; now I live and work  abroad for the past 5 years without my biological family who always supports me at first it is so difficult, dealing with other nationalities was hard for me before and sometimes I cannot handle their attitude  but eventually i get used to it.  I just realized that it was a part of what I' had chose. Making decision is challenge to our lives. There is no harm to try for a change specially for your future..  well it can be good or bad the result but at least you try and the important is you dont regret.

Cheers
Lovely ak.a Blushy

VidoDido

Since you are sad either way, then its time to make the move wink.png

kiwiinkorea

You have to follow your own path. If that means staying then well and good. If it means leaving, yes it's difficult but nothing's forever. You'll be back.

JasfurJQ

Go and make your own life, you deserved to ba happy and built a life of your own. Leaving your city is only temporarilly and I know your father loves you so much and for sure he wants you to be happy and he will understand you. Lots of ways to see your father when your miles away from him, Kiwiinkorea is right no matter how long and far you are at home you will always find away to comeback. goodluck smile.png

Chloelangsbury

BEFORE you leave you need to completely understand why you are sad in your city. just because you change where you are doesn't mean you change how you feel. If your heart tells you to leave then do it. do what you think makes  you happy. but make sure you understand exactly why first. because the sadness could just follow.

Kate29

Same dilema on my first time moving on,but then finnaly you just need to follow your Heart,think Big and go on with your dream,,hard for the first time then things will get better smile.png

hutkgjf

Ultimately you gonna have to decide for yourself. Nobody's forcing you.

aabie ryan

this is what i do when i have dilemma...i just flip a coin..not to get the decision...it's only because when the coin is in the air, i will find out what my heart is really hoping for...

-b-

princess sandra

hard choice, if my personal choice, i would never leave my dad sad.png because i am so close with my dad, i don't care about the city, the most important thing i can close with someone i love..good luck!

amandina

Why you don't talk with your dad??? Maybe he has something to say, something which will make you to take a decision.

nzgirl

Do what makes YOU happy!

Naval Rungta

I would say if possible take your daddy also with you so that you do not miss him but it may be financially not possible for you at this point nof time. Are you the only child to take care of him ? You should move ahead to build your future, If he is capable of looking after himself but it has to be your call.

greenhouse

I had that situation years ago, until my mom started to annoy me with so many question about me being a bother for her because she doesn't like to see me depend and enjoy what the family have.

she always argue with me that I already earn my own money but still hanging around the house to often, some how she tried to kicked me out, in the beginning i was really mad on her because I do very close with her and it was surprised me that she wants me to leave (I think I was 20 at that time). still not common in my country and culture esp if you are living in small city to live separate from parents whatever the reason is.

but some days after I decided to move out with very hard feeling and bit disappointed I realized that my mom's aim was good, I heard from my dad that she was crying and little bit disappointed to do that to me but she also said that soon or later as human we have to be separate, human will die in the end so my mom teach me to leave the sense of belonging to what I used to have and enjoy to be able to stand up on my own feet.

now is two years after both my parents passed away, I'm glad that I decided to leave years ago because I know how to survive and struggle in life.

when I live separate from them my mom always remind me that now a days there are many ways to keep in touch, there are home phone, cell phone, internet, sms, and so on.

Make decision to leave you comfort zone will not make you sad but you will able to see which part of weakness you have in yourself and you will able to find how to solve it without depending your life to your daddy, human is human soon or later human has to close their life in the end.

Staying far away doesn't mean stop communicating. Make your own step girl smile.pngsmile.png I'm sure you will able to survive smile.png

Nellin Jessvellin

Thanks all.. every answer really help me...thank you..

Nellin Jessvellin
greenhouse wrote:

I had that situation years ago, until my mom started to annoy me with so many question about me being a bother for her because she doesn't like to see me depend and enjoy what the family have.

she always argue with me that I already earn my own money but still hanging around the house to often, some how she tried to kicked me out, in the beginning i was really mad on her because I do very close with her and it was surprised me that she wants me to leave (I think I was 20 at that time). still not common in my country and culture esp if you are living in small city to live separate from parents whatever the reason is.

but some days after I decided to move out with very hard feeling and bit disappointed I realized that my mom's aim was good, I heard from my dad that she was crying and little bit disappointed to do that to me but she also said that soon or later as human we have to be separate, human will die in the end so my mom teach me to leave the sense of belonging to what I used to have and enjoy to be able to stand up on my own feet.

now is two years after both my parents passed away, I'm glad that I decided to leave years ago because I know how to survive and struggle in life.

when I live separate from them my mom always remind me that now a days there are many ways to keep in touch, there are home phone, cell phone, internet, sms, and so on.

Make decision to leave you comfort zone will not make you sad but you will able to see which part of weakness you have in yourself and you will able to find how to solve it without depending your life to your daddy, human is human soon or later human has to close their life in the end.

Staying far away doesn't mean stop communicating. Make your own step girl smile.pngsmile.png I'm sure you will able to survive smile.png

i am thinking now..how can i survive one day if i always depend with my dad..and human will die soon or later.. how can i survive without dad if i dont start to able stand with my own foot..thank you..

HaileyinHongKong

Everyone has to learn to live without their parents sooner or later.  The alternative is that you die before they do - and that's not so great for them.

Nellin Jessvellin
Naval Rungta wrote:

I would say if possible take your daddy also with you so that you do not miss him but it may be financially not possible for you at this point nof time. Are you the only child to take care of him ? You should move ahead to build your future, If he is capable of looking after himself but it has to be your call.

I am not the only child to take care of him..i have brother..but he work at another country too...
I'm not sure who could replace my position and how sincere they take care of him. somebody can realy love you, take care of you, and help you if they are not cognation with you ? except they are your lover...

Nellin Jessvellin
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Everyone has to learn to live without their parents sooner or later.  The alternative is that you die before they do - and that's not so great for them.

"That's true"

HaileyinHongKong

The quotation marks made me laugh.

hutkgjf
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

The quotation marks made me laugh.

Forgive him as english is not his first language or maybe he's quoting someone's thoughts.

Asad_theleo

Move on and take your Father with u... or call him there when u settle down. smile.png

hutkgjf

There are times that we just have to leave things behind.

Ivy Nguyen

It's a really hard situation. You can go and try for your future, your father will understand that. However, you have to take care of him too. Call him everyday or try to back home with him whenever you can. And when you are settled in your city, you can invite him to be there with you.

stumpy

Cut the umbilical cord but keep in touch.
The longer you procrastinate the harder the decision making becomes, you will probably make the wrong decision and live to regret it later.

someoneilike

do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles