This is Thailand Video: Living With a $500 a Month Budget

No matter how you slice it, if you plan on living in Thailand with a
monthly budget of only $500, you're going to need to spend your money
wisely. Going out on the town just one or two nights a month, blowing
2000-3000 baht each night is going to seriously set you back. Is it
possible to live in Thailand long-term with just $500 a month?

bit.ly/QRwTgK

You could depending on how you lived, if you ate street food everyday the average cost of that would be 100-150 baht, for a crappy little apartment you could even get one for 2000-4000 baht depending on the area and condition, lastly if you used public transportation such as the bus then it would be possible to survive in that much, im sure they are plenty of thai's surviving on that kind of income but being a foreigner i highly doubt thats the kind of life many people would be willing to lead in Thailand.

My point exactly. Just getting by is one thing, actually living and progressing financially is another.

Hey Scott, you mention in your video that you can get medical insurance for about a thousand baths a month. Do you get your cover directly from a hospital/clinic or from an insurance company? I'm paying about 4000 baths right now (Allianz WWC) and I would definitely be interested to switch to a local company if I can save 3000 baths a month.

corvinb wrote:

Hey Scott, you mention in your video that you can get medical insurance for about a thousand baths a month. Do you get your cover directly from a hospital/clinic or from an insurance company? I'm paying about 4000 baths right now (Allianz WWC) and I would definitely be interested to switch to a local company if I can save 3000 baths a month.

We use BUPA (Blue Cross). For my two children and myself, the total is 3200 baht. It is outpatient only.

Allianz is a much better plan IMO. We used to have William Russell, which is excellent, but the premium goes up 10% every year and after 3 or 4 years, the cost was just too high.