Architects

hello people,
i seem to have landed in the wrong place wrong time....i'm an architect frm bangalore with 5yrs experience ..i've been on a perpetual job hunt it seems (nearly 9 months!!!....)which has surpassed my patience and pushed me to desperation ...i hate staying at home ...i'm qualified ...i'm good at my job ...and some hw suddenly i feel like a big fat looser ....i've mailed to all posssible firms ...rejisterd with innumarable consultancy agencies without any results ....will somebody please tell me hw one finds a job in this god foresaken place!!!

Yes of course, dear, it's the wrong time and the wrong place for the moment, unfortunately.

But you know, we have been working overseas for more than 30 years now and would never have left our country or the job we had before having any certainty about a new assignment!!!!

So I really don't understand that you just landed in Dubai hoping to find a job there... You should first have exploited all the job websites before leaving your home country....

That's all I think about it.

However I wish you good luck...

Arlette

well ...i guess its also my fault...but u see i di'nt move here on a whim ...i did my research and the consultancies i rejistered with promised a job within a short time of arriving here...and also i moved here coz my spouse works here for the last 3 yrs...moved here after a couple of months after our wedding which was in jan...the first couple of months seemed like a continued holiday ...nw its shear boredom ...i so desperately want to resume working....so i guess i'm jst venting my frustration.

........thanks anyways for replying ...hope the nxt year will turn out to be lucky....
brinda.

Well so much for me... to speak to fast not knowing what's the story.

Well anyway congrats on your wedding. Wish you all the hapiness you deserve and also that your situation will improve pretty soon.

Let's hope the new year will bring some good news for you.

Arlette

hey Brinda,

try to apply to the vaccancies in this link :

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/search/menu/? … rch=Search

As i see there is chance to catch some ITVs

Good luck ;)

Hi Brinda,

I just saw this in another forum and thought this might interest you

I am seeking 2 Lead Architects for our International Giant based in Dubai City. We require candidates with a strong Architect background who can lead from the front. Client is paying up to 50k AED package. (on top of this up to 25% bonus paid each 6 months) please send full CV's in word
today

Justine Marjoram,
Emea Global Account Manager
Tangent International
justine.marjoram@tanint.com

Unquote

All the best

thanks for all the contacts....
well the good news is i did attend a interview.....but i'm not sure what to make of it coz it lasted all of 8minutes and its been a week since but no calls yet ...so i guess i could call it a bad news ......
anyways enough of that lets talk architecture.....
every time i drive down sheik zayed road i get breatless...while one reason is that i'm holding on to my dear life another is i'm awed by all these towering structures which make a brilliant skyline....coming from bangalore where a residence alone takes about a minimum of 10-12 months for completion....i've been told all the development along shk zyed rd was done in a mere span of less than 5 years...!
i'm impressed ...but i guess when you have all the resources.. time is not a factor.
well untill nw theres one building which intrigues  me "the sama towers"by Atkins& partners ...do write to me and let me know which buildings you find interesting...
happy holidays
brenda.

Hi Brinda
Are you experienced in Architecture or Interiors?

Hi,

If you are interested in Dubai do let me know with updated CV.

Regards,

dr.raahilkhan@gmail.com