Living expenses in Dammam

Hi,

I have an offer from an engineering company engaged in Oil & Gas sector.

they are offering salary of SAR 9500/- Per month plus family accommodation,transport, one month paid holidays every year, medical insurance for me and my wife, not my child.

Can anyone suggest how much will be my monthly expense and how much i will be able to save from my salary?

An early reply shall be highly appreciated.

Hi,
   Following are the monthly approximate expenses.
    1. House rent - SAR 16000 (per year) normally yearly basis
    2. weekly wages ( including vegetables) -- 150/per week    600 SAR / month
    3. Child's study i don't aware of this
    4. others depends upon your family

Approximately you can save minimum SAR 6000 per month. You might not get an opportunity(other than food,shopping ) to spend more money in saudi as like other countries in gulf region.You can ask your company to provide medical insurance card for your child too normally others are giving this for their whole family.
        In my opinion you got good package to live in saudi arabia.
        Best wishes

Regards
        Mahe.K

THANK YOU FRIEND

Medical is very costly. You shouild request free medical insurance for all the family members.

Monthly groceries, food and utilities (bills) will cost around SR 4,000 at least if you live reasonably well.

Education will cost at least SR 1,000 per month.

Since transportation and housing is provided you can save well with that income.

That's a fair income, as you are being given housing and transport and family benefits.

Things to make sure you get:
1) Paid insurance for the family
2) Paid flights for you, wife and child
3) Paid and sponsored visas for all of you

Depending on how you like to live, you can easily feed your family for less than 2,000 SAR a month - providing you don't hit the Western restaurants.