Menu
Expat.com

Just moved to Oman

Last activity 29 January 2013 by Global Kitchen

queenmalika

Hey guys! I just moved out to Muscat, Oman and I am currently job searching... any ideas of companies I should apply for? I am American with experience in training, customer service, and hospitality.

handsome

Welcome to Oman

queenmalika

Thank you

handsome

tell me what is ur experience ??
to help you

queenmalika

English Instructor                            June 2012- October 2012
International British Institute, Cairo, Egypt
          Dedicated time and effort to teaching of the English language from ages 5 to over 50
          Prepared and constructed lessons for the betterment of students
          Corrected and educated students on assignments

English Instructor                                  April 2012- May 2012
Not Courses, Cairo, Egypt
          Enthusiastically taught conversational courses in a fun and exciting way to students
          Instructed and assisted students from level 2 until level 10

Front Desk                                November 2011- March 2012
Country Inn & Suites, Green Bay, United States             
          Patiently created and adjusted reservations for guest using the Opera management software program.
          Conducted facilities management including meeting room management, waste management, reception, mailroom, office, layout, and furniture placement.
          Successfully promoted and marketed business loyalty rewards programs to guests. Enrolled more than 100 guests with an average of 30 enrollments per month.
          Awarded red pin, which represents 2nd rank in the service category for fifty plus guest referrals, average of three to four guests per week.

Customer Service Representative                              June 2011- July 2011
Vodafone UK Department, Cairo, Egypt
          Undergone training for assisting customers over the phone for Vodafone UK
          Exercised listening skills while peer listening and grading calls

Customer Service Representative                        September 2010 - April 2011
APAC Customer Service, Green Bay, Wisconsin
          Assisted customers with bills and technical issues for AT&T
          Trained and peer listened to associates
          Supervised and floor walked to answer questions about issues during calls
          Top on team and in company for sales of features (December- April)
          Top on team and in the top five of the company for statistics including call time, call scoring, and hold time (December- April)

handsome

check ur inbox please

wellwisher

hi dear, Good Morning and have a nice day,

would like to know your area of education and experience level so i can advise you accordingly.

thanks and regards
Riaz..

queenmalika

Riaz, thank you for your wishes... good morning to you too smile.png

I graduated high school and started one year of college. Trying to finish my education here in Muscat.

wellwisher

wow, you are looking for higher studies here in Oman or planning to do any work. the picture is not clear for me.

higher studies is very expensive here in Oman and never will get the quality you have in US.

still you want study i can give you some Institute details or advise me what kind of help yo need.

if you are looking for job and part time study will be more advisable. anyhow contact me on 99100973 or send me email to noushirahmed@gamil.com.

thanks

wellwisher

hi, Good Day !!
Did you find some institutes for higher stdies, i was bit busy last 2 days went to dubai for meeting. let me know if you sortout your issues,

take care

queenmalika

I have an institute in mind for higher studies. I'm just looking for a job right now.

handsome

those who are keen to help her, please help her to get some money first. you all helpers seem to be keen on helping her how to spend her money.

talha_zahid

Drop you resume on the given email id.

talha.zahid@om.scomioiltools.com

wellwisher

hi Dear, Good Morning and have a nice day,

I saw your profile on blog, did you tried in Nawras and Bank Muscat, approach with this two organisation they always try to improve their customer care and and they have employment training as well. i hope you will get job there, try your self through their career department or send me your full CV i will try to submit through my friends.

hope everything will be alright
God Bless you.

take care...

handsome

Hi Guys, I know this is an unrelated question, BUT.... Is it possible to rent a car in Muscat with a Visa Debit card?

Im sorry I cant advise you Queen Malik about Job opportunities in Muscat, I'm newer than you. Perhaps you could try and find an institute that is looking for an English Language Teacher. I plan on securing a Job in Muscat for new September, inshaAllah.

Take care, and thanks in Advance.

Aurélie

@Ice Muslim -> To avoid being off topic here, you could start a new thread with your questions on car for rent on the Muscat forum. This will allow better interaction. wink.png

[Sorry for the offtopic.gif]

Thank you,
Aurélie

Global Kitchen

[Moderated: Please communicate via private messages]

Articles to help you in your expat project in Muscat

All of Muscat's guide articles