Boot camp

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a boot camp or a good place to go for group exercise classes, preferably outdoors?

Hello Jennifer35.

Welcome to Expat.com!

A small introduction would be welcome. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Jennifer35,

Not sure where you live, but at the moment Rio's City Council runs a free - YES FREE - gym at the beach between Anibal de Mendonca and Garcia D'Avila Street at Ipanema Beach. You need to bring your Passport and fill out some health forms ( Brazilians need to present their ID card ). There, you will be able to meet people of all over the world, including brazilians off course, and the PE Teachers who work on site. And Rio, like everywhere else in the world, is "who you know". Great opportunity!! But run, as it finishes when Summer ends...March!!  Also, you will find out about bootcamps, and all other types of exercise classes when you get involved. IT IS FREE!! Go girl!! Wishing you the best time in Rio!! :D

trishalves

Trishalves,
Thanks for getting back to me. That's really useful information. Do you happen to know what day and time it takes place? I would love to join.

Mon - Fri it opens at 6:30am - 10:30am and 5pm - 9pm
Sat 7am - 11am and 3pm - 7pm
Sun 8am - 1pm

There are plenty of classes (Yoga, Pilates, Tai-chi throughout those hours too. And Capoeira!! Good opportunity to try the Brazilian martial Arts!! Hope you enjoy!! Let me know how did you go. I am there every morning between 7am - 8am. C u there!! ;)

I am from Rio, originally. I am here spending some time w/ family. Going back to Perth at the end of January...:(

Wow, that sounds great. I will definetely check it out. It's a pity you have to leave at the end of Jan but it must be nice to spend time with your family. We will have been here for only a week in Friday so have lots to learn still!

Hopefully we will meet before I leave. In the meantime, if I can be of any help, just ask. :)

Hi, what is the name of the gym? I tried to find it but had no luck?!

Hi Jenny,
I dont' know, but I'd be interested in a Bootcamp when someone answers your question!

Great idea.

Hope to meet you.

Jenny