New In RamIndra area...

Hey, I've been living in Bangkok for 1 month now. I recently moved to the RamIndra area, very close to Fashion Island and wondered if anyone lived near here, or could recommend any places to go close by... like nice places to eat, drink or just generally meet people.

Thanks for your help :)

Hey, I've been living in india  now. I recently moved to the ,  any places to go close by... like nice places to eat, drink or just generally meet people.

for your help me rohan chelimeti006@gmail.com

I have to admit that I'm quite curious as to why you chose that area... It is very far from the centre! I've never been though, is it nice?

Hello Amiesalt89,

Welcome to Bangkok! Hope you are enjoying the warmth of Bangkok :)

I was living in Raminthra  short walk to Fashion Island but I unfortunately moved closer to Sukhumvit just yesterday.

Which area are you staying?

There is nothing much to go there, unfortunately.

welcome to expat

Hi Aimee,

Yes, I live near "Fashion" too!

(Actually, between Fashion and Nopparat Hospital- in "Grow Apartments."

My name is Cliff Carbaugh and I am from San Francisco.

I'll be away from Bangkok from the 18th to the 24th but I hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

:)  Cliff
mrcarbaugh@hotmail.com
086 054 7036

I used to live in that area, it is true that is far, but it is also very nice, calm and very local, sometimes you even forget you are in Bangkok, it is so quiet and much lesser polluted that the center!!

I m not living in Thailand anymore but when i left it there were a few new shopping malls getting ready around that place. You should also visit CDC(i think its the name) a new shopping mall in Ekamai Ramindra, it s very nice and there is a place called "I love wine",good food and cheap.

You can also find the biggest artificial seawater pool (according to the Guiness Record) and a Safari park, and if you like running near the Golf Club there is a very nice green area, very calm and safe for running at night!!

I miss Bangkok!!!! enjoy!

hai amie..i'm now live at ramindra also...
for eating, usually i try street food nearly chaeng wattana,
because i found alot of food in there...
hope you enjoy for staying at ramindra..

Sawatdee Helenavita :)

sawadee ccarbaugh...:)

Im now living overthere too. There are some places to advise you as below link

http://www.crystaldesigncenter.com/https://www.facebook.com/chocolateville

if you need more info. You add my line id "craxy"

In Thailand, you can find food almost at every street corner if you dare to try and venture the food.  It all depends on what kind of food you are looking for?  If your taste buds are on foreign food then you have to be at Sukhumvit Area.

There is Central Department store at the beginning of Ramintra Road.

Living near Fashion Island means you are also near to Safari world.

I used to live in Minburi which is end of ramintra road which is the outskirts of Bangkok.

Crystal Design Center (CDC) is quite a good place for furniture hunting (i bet it would be a heaven for those interior designers but it comes with the price though). There are max value supermarket (just like safeway in the states or tops supermarket in thailand) next to the showrooms and quite a variety of restaurants and coffee shops.

However, you may like to Crystal Park (right opposite to CDC) which mainly comprises of restaurants and coffee shops. Most major local banks are there too (also in CDC) together with Tops Supermarket in the same premises.

Hope you enjoy the place :-)

Welcome to BKK!

I enjoy spending few hours in weekend afternoon at Chatuchak 2 in Minburi, not far from there then get sthg to eat in the evening at nearby Minburi market. Or you can take local bus (Song Teaw) from across of Fashion Island to a large flea market at Pattavikorn everyday evening but more on weekend. There is also an old time market every weekend, called Kwan-Ream Floating Market http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZMiSJtRjw.

Vans that go on 3 steps express ways to Victory monument run all day till 10 p.m. if you want to go to city.

Have good time.

Hi , my name is shawnn and I am from singapore.
I live in this area too. Sadly other than fashion island itself there ain't any other place to go to.
However I always take the " mini van " that will bring me to victory monument for 35฿ .
Do take note that there is two service offer , one that will take the "highway" the other will just take the normal rout. The latter will be much more longer and irritating during the bangkok jam hours .
Over at victory monument , there are so many so many choice of good food.
One of my favorite is the 10฿ for a small position bowl of noodles . :)

Hey I live in Ramindra at weekends and help out at fashion Island. Theres lots to do. octoguz is a bar where few expats go oposite panya village..live music every night and a good chilled out vibe..

Hello welcome to thailand

nice to meet you

Hi,

I also stay here around Ramindra Area, there are a few restaurants along the ramintra road and kaset nawamin also quite close

Im Robert by the way, transferred here just a few months ago , quite new in bangkok actualy

i think in silom and asok you can find it

Amiesalt89 wrote:

Hey, I've been living in Bangkok for 1 month now. I recently moved to the RamIndra area, very close to Fashion Island and wondered if anyone lived near here, or could recommend any places to go close by... like nice places to eat, drink or just generally meet people.

Thanks for your help :)

All the happening stuff are in downtown area like Sukhumvit. It depends on what you want to do. I have been here since 1996...hope to help you out by guiding you to the right places like food and entertainment and churches as well.