Menu
Expat.com

Travelling Europe with Children

Last activity 21 July 2010 by Christine

anitakinkin

Any tips on travelling Europe with 4 children and a husband in a 6 berth campervan?  The last time I did this was with 5 Aussie backpackers in 1993.  In April for 3 months I will be travelling with my family which includes 4 children - Francesca 7, James 5, Nicholas 3 and William 2.  We will be landing in the UK and buying a campervan and then travelling to Greece and back.  Any suggestions of some child friendly places to visit.

Thanks, from Anita

sheenbg

Hello, Anita.

Just saw your post and was thinking - since you are going all the way down to Greece - why not stopping by in Bulgaria - Greece`s neighbour to the north? smile.png
There is so much to be seen in our country- Black Sea; the amazing waterfalls near "Stara planina" mountain; the noisy and modern big cities like Sofia and Varna; the calm villages, cuddled in the "Rhodopi" mountain; the famous seaside and ski resorts like Golden Sands and Bansko .. These are only a little part of all the treasures our country has! Just check the following links for more information:
guide-bulgaria.com/
en.journey.bg/bulgaria/
Since I am currently living in Varna, I may say that it is definitely a child-friendly place to go smile.png These are some of the attractions your precious can enjoy here:
- "Detski kat" Complex - childrens amusement complex, situated in the Sea Garden of Varna. It offers a variety of attractions for kids of various ages, including attraction trains, an extreme ride, trampolines, bumper cars, bungee jumping, carousels, a Ferris wheel, mini-golf, a shooting range and many others. One of the main attractions is the small artificial lake with paddle boats and canoes rental. In winter the lake turns into a skating ground offering skate rentals.
- The Delphinarium of Varna - again located in the Sea Garden. It offers performance once a week. The performance from the 6 Bottlenose dolphins lasts about 40 minutes, they include dancing, acrobatics, balancing and games.1200 visitors can view the shows which have commentary in Bulgarian, Russian, German and English.
- Mall Varna - offers bowling, Darts and so many other things.
There is much more to enjoy here.. Of course, I just have to mention as well the beautiful beach smile.png

I hope you will find my information useful.If you have any other questions, or you need rental here - contact me.

Regards: sheenbg

anitakinkin

Thanks so much for all the info - sounds great!  We will definately look at going through Bulgaria.

thanks, from Anita

sheenbg

You are welcome! smile.png

As I mentioned before - if you need more information or a place to stay while in Bulgaria - contact me!

Best wishes:
sheenbg

soultravelers3

I just saw this. We have been camping in Europe as a family in a small motorhome since 2006, so have a ton of information on our blog on this topic:

soultravelers 3 Best Camping in Europe

We have spent months in Greece and have been on lots of great places on the way. It is easiest to take the luxury overnight ferry's from Barcelona to Rome (or Genoa) & another one from Venice to Athens. The cheapest method allows you to sleep in your camper and use it onboard.

Heavenly month in Santorini

Camping in Santorini is fantastic ( not in July or August).We spent a month there and loved it!  Also do not miss Delphi, Olympia.

You will have a ball & RVing is the best way to go as a family!

Christine

Hi samdriscoll! You are off topic! Please start a new discussion. Thank you!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Europe

• Setting up a business in Greece
    Setting up a business in Greece

Starting your own company or being self-employed in Greece is not easy for non-locals, let alone for non-EU ...

• Getting married in Greece
    Getting married in Greece

Dreaming of getting married in Greece? Whether you're a foreigner or a Greek citizen, tying the knot in this ...

• Residence permits in Greece
    Residence permits in Greece

Obtaining a residency permit is crucial if you want to remain in Greece as an expat, allowing you to access many ...

• How to drive in Greece
    How to drive in Greece

Driving in Greece is not for the faint of heart. Apart from the logistics of converting your driving license or ...

• Long-term visas for Italy
    Long-term visas for Italy

If you have decided to move to Italy, the question of a residence permit arises first. Depending on your ...

• Work visas for Greece
    Work visas for Greece

Greece is a popular destination for foreigners looking to work and live in the EU, but navigating the visa and ...

• Starting a business in Italy
    Starting a business in Italy

Are you interested in moving to Italy and setting up a business here? Italy's reputation for bureaucracy and ...

• Leisure in Italy
    Leisure in Italy

Living in Italy also means benefiting from a multitude of leisure activities. Between museums, art cities, ...

All of Europe's guide articles