Menu
Expat.com

Playstation 3 players

Last activity 18 February 2013 by abdookjhg

Jack3144

Hi guys !
I have a few questions about videogames, hehe ^^
Although I am not a pure geek/nolife, I sometimes enjoy a good virtual game.
So is it easy to find PS3 games here in Tripoli ?
Is it possible to access the playstation network by internet ?

Thanks in advance

Clansman
Jack3144 wrote:

Hi guys !

Thanks in advance

Jack you wouldn't believe how cheap the 'black market' PS3 games are, I am sure they are only about 5lyd in Dahra Souk, and I am told (although I am a Xbox guy myself) they work. As far as the network is concerned that depends on your internet speed, I am in the Mahari area (central) sometimes get 2Mbps sometimes 128k sad.png Using the Wimax dongle.

Jack3144

So it works ? that's good news. I am planning to bring my own PS3 there to play, but there are massive online games that I would still love to play...

thanks for the info !

mp_garcia

No luck here.. a PS3, a XBOX and I´m a Wii player... We better rotate roles!!! ;-)

Clansman
mp_garcia wrote:

No luck here.. a PS3, a XBOX and I´m a Wii player... We better rotate roles!!! ;-)

Wii coming out with wife in March tongue.png

freakyfingers

Hehehe, I'm strong FPS PC player, but Rock Band is nice too on those consoles. What about planning a LAN party with the available XBox's or PS3's or PC?

Canadianturkey

Haha I brought my Xbox from Canada bought a computer powersupply hooked it up got it working. played for 2 months and whammo ring of death. Now I have to wait for a trip back to canada to get it fixed. its supposed to be under warranty for some time still.

Games for ps3 are dirt cheap! your right they are 5ld.

Jack3144

5 lyd ? And these things work ??? How come ?

Canadianturkey

not sure but one of the guys at the company i am subcontracting for picked up 5 i saw them on his table and he said he had no problems with them except for 1. I can find the source exactly tomo.

mp_garcia

Hi guys!! Do you know if we need a SAI or stabilizer for plugging the consoles to the outlet? Surge protection maybe?
Thanx!

Mudman
mp_garcia wrote:

Hi guys!! Do you know if we need a SAI or stabilizer for plugging the consoles to the outlet? Surge protection maybe?
Thanx!

I'd plug anything electrical of value into a surge protector/stabiliser ....

damkul

is this with 5 ldy for PS3 game true and are they working for real or it's only bad joke

veechansa

I, also, would like to know about the 5 lyd. Myth...or reality??? Please confirm and also if it does exist, where exactly can I get them?? As far as I am aware, I haven't heard of any bootleg PS3 games anywhere in the world. I hope I can be proved wrong?

Masterr

How about Counter Strike? Is there any fans of?

Subzero_Cool
Jack3144 wrote:

Hi guys !

Thanks in advance

To answer your questions first:

- Yes it is easy to get PS3 games, the selection can be somewhat limited (souk talat, souk mahari, fattah tower) ;
- Network does work for us through both the wimax and the LTT connections.

Our list of games so far, all bought here and more will be added monthly:

- Uncharted 1: drakes fortune
- Uncharted 2: among thieves
- Grid: Racing driver
- Colin McRae dirt 2
- Fear 2: project origin
- Tomb raider underworld
- PES 2009
- Fifa 10
- Ferrari challenge
- Chronicles of Riddick: assualt on dark athena
- Gran turismo 5 prologue
- The saboteur
- Grand theft auto IV
- Metal gear solid 4
- Need for speed undercover
- Resistance fall of man

freakyfingers

I do CS

LeBravo

Hi! Im gonna be in Tripoli in June, gonna live there for two years or three. Im considering buying a PS3 and would like to know:

1) How much is a PS3 console in Libya?
2) Is there any LCD TV with HDMI technology for sell at Libya, and how much would it cost?
3) How much I would pay to buy games or even the PS3 console from UK, France or other European country and send it to Libya?! How much would cost the shipping?

veechansa

LeBravo do check my PM.

Anyone PES fans here? Perhaps we could set up a get together for some 'friendly' footie matches. I'm not into the FIFA series though! smile.png

Sandman6
LeBravo wrote:

2) Is there any LCD TV with HDMI technology for sell at Libya, and how much would it cost?

Plenty available.

A top spec 22" LED display goes for around 380 Lyd, right up to a 50" Series 7 HT LED by Samsung for a reasonable 6,000 Lyd

LeBravo

Thank you for your answer Sandman6. I assume that a 42' LED TV with HDMI cost about 5000 Lyd, right?!

Sandman6

Probably closer to 3,000 - 4,000 for the 42", depending on which model you go for. The new 7 Series LED models from Samsung are stunning and the prices in Libya aren't a great deal more than in Europe.

and BTW, if you're into Blu Ray, bring your own player with you. The DVD pirates can't do Blu Ray and there's no call for the players here.

Mommy25

is PS3 games that you can buy in Dahra will work on PS3 that was from USA?..

veechansa

Mommy25,

As long as they are licensed products (not copy) PS3 games will work fine regardless of their zone or where you buy them. There is no zone lock.

mohibean

guys yes they are for 5lyd i live in libya and i am on uk right now

Mommy25
LeBravo wrote:

Hi! Im gonna be in Tripoli in June, gonna live there for two years or three. Im considering buying a PS3 and would like to know:

1) How much is a PS3 console in Libya?
3) How much I would pay to buy games or even the PS3 console from UK, France or other European country and send it to Libya?! How much would cost the shipping?

1) PS3 540LYD (correct me if I'm wrong)
2)I have mine at home it's 42" TOSHIBA with HDMI 1200LYD (LCD)
3)I bought my husband PS3 in USA via AMAZON.com $300 then i ask one of my friends friend to DHL it to me.. smile.png ..Shipping cost is $120.. smile.png

Napalm
Clansman wrote:
Jack3144 wrote:

Hi guys !

Thanks in advance

Jack you wouldn't believe how cheap the 'black market' PS3 games are, I am sure they are only about 5lyd in Dahra Souk, and I am told (although I am a Xbox guy myself) they work. As far as the network is concerned that depends on your internet speed, I am in the Mahari area (central) sometimes get 2Mbps sometimes 128k sad.png Using the Wimax dongle.

Excuse me gentlemen,

without need of any extra BS, Playstation 3 games are Blueray...no way on earth you could get them for 5 bucks... those are PS2 games ..DVD...

All other platforms on the market are not Blueray... and the quality of game is definitely higher at 1080fps on the PS3 than any other platform on the market,yet.

Napalm
Mommy25 wrote:

some old titles on the PS2 DVD version will work on the PS3 as-well...in particular the first version and not on the PS3 Slim...

FeeAcer

FYI : messages unrelated to the subject and namely certain gross expressions have been removed from this topic. Please stick to the title of this topic, thks!

adnankpk
Mommy25 wrote:

It all depends to be honest because all the pirated games sold here work through on the consoles with special mod chips unless you don't have them on your PS3 I am afraid the games won't work.

Cheers,

veechansa

PS3 games don't have pirated versions yet no??

susu10

just for your information the ps3 and the wii games from the usa doesnt have the same like europe sistem so the games that comes from the usa doesnt work in libya because they dont have the same sistem like the video cameras and dvd's

dr.ezoo

hi . what i know about games in libya :

::: about PS3 it's to expensive and not best buy  becuse :

hard find\expensive cd's (only if you buy used from outside 10$ only)mad.png   
         typicaly no MP mode becuse of high PING to PS3 server(outside libya)
         you need a wimax router(not dongle ,+100 LD) or DSL cable(need phone caple)hmm.png

::: it's mainly pc gaming here especialy multiplayer game

you can find pepole playing Cs 1.6 ,CSs ,COD4(cracked) every day
         you can fix this thing
         all cd's are cracked
        the ONLY place in tripoly that sell the dvd(good copy ones) is in DAHRA(in souq al_laham don't touch any thing from the shops in dahra"street") 2.5LYD to all kind of pc dvd and 2LYD for movie and anime VS 10LYD in other places

::: alternative roll.png

buy pc                                                     2.5LYD\dvd
         buy XBOX(cracked one ,risk of ban"bomb")   3.5LYD\dvd
         buy WII(cheap, no nedd to MP ,alot of fun)   3.5LYD\dvd

where you can find the stuff in here is onother story

always justify the cause

Napalm
Jack3144 wrote:

Hi guys !

Thanks in advance

1. finding new games is kinda hard, since there are only a few outlets that sell them and usually they are gone the minute they hit the shelves.  Best thing is to ask friends going abroad to bring some for you, or hook up with  one of the shops and ask them to give you a call when they bring something new.  Usually they'll ask you to give them a list of games you're interested in purchasing and they'll either send it to their supplier abroad ( Dubai ) when they need new games or bring it along if they go personally to Dubai to make some purchases for the shop, i.e. cell phones, cameras etc.

2. Boot leg Blue-ray CD's for PS3 don't exist...the name says it all ready..Blue-ray?!?! BUT, the original CD's of the PS2 ( not the 5 dinar copies ) work perfectly ALSO on the PS3.

3. Can access PS3 network if got wifi at home, which is perfectly possible using an LTT membership and a wifi transmitter, but i'm not completly sure if it works with the 10 giga ceiling membership since i also need to try once i get back : )

iShouldBsurfn

I have been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 online for some time now. I also recently bought Call of Duty Black Ops in Europe and can play online with other players as well! All is fine and possible in the world of gaming in Libya!

dr.ezoo
iShouldBsurfn wrote:

I have been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 online for some time now. I also recently bought Call of Duty Black Ops in Europe and can play online with other players as well! All is fine and possible in the world of gaming in Libya!

I am glad that u could play this game in libya big_smile.png

Napalm wrote:

3. Can access PS3 network if got wifi at home, which is perfectly possible using an LTT membership and a wifi transmitter, but i'm not completly sure if it works with the 10 giga ceiling membership since i also need to try once i get back : )

play games as u want it will not touch a 4gig monthly.

note: there 2 types of online games :
   1 games like FBS(cod ,CSs ...) , soccer , will need a great connection with low BING can only be in tripoly only and some places and not all the times .

2 gamess like rpg WOW and strategy games not realy on bing but good connection only .

freakyfingers
iShouldBsurfn wrote:

and how? I'm trying to join games and takes forever
Find Match
Core
Team Deathmach
Found 50 matches, getting match quality...
Trying to join 3 potential games...
Trying to join 1 potential game....
Waiting for 5 more players...

and I'm there all alone sad.png

Im using LTT Wimax home (not USB).
Nat Type 2
uPnP: Not available...

When I was playing from Venezuela uPnP was available. Conection was thru Cable/DSL.

From Libya, nothing,.. only if I get invited from friends over Latin America or US, and you can imagine the ping

HELP!!

dr.ezoo
freakyfingers wrote:
iShouldBsurfn wrote:

and how? I'm trying to join games and takes forever
Find Match
Core
Team Deathmach
Found 50 matches, getting match quality...
Trying to join 3 potential games...
Trying to join 1 potential game....
Waiting for 5 more players...

and I'm there all alone sad.png

Im using LTT Wimax home (not USB).
Nat Type 2
uPnP: Not available...

When I was playing from Venezuela uPnP was available. Conection was thru Cable/DSL.

From Libya, nothing,.. only if I get invited from friends over Latin America or US, and you can imagine the ping

HELP!!

Hi freakyfingers
that what am try to say from the start, it's depend on ur area , wimax type and port setting >
u seem to have a good signal in first ,and u have the big wimax (wi fi ones) now for solution should start to know about what problem come With COD:mw2 ,problem with NAT , Upnp , and open port .
MW2 should have a specific ports open (i don't know why they do that??)
but u do have to understand the port thinky . and how to open it in the the Pc ,so it's hit and miss.
Googe about it and we will help

moe1988

by The way 5 L.D ps3 games is a myth there are hard disks for sale for about 200lyd with a software and about 40 games plus you can save any game from its BLU-RAY DISK. BUT THE DOWN SIDE YOU CANT UPDATE ANY OF THE GAMES PLUS YOU CANT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.
BY THE WAY. ANY WAYS ANY ONE KNOW IF YOU CAN GET MAG in libya. because its a multiplayer only game am assuming not. and would it work with wimax connection. i have Black ops and it works online most of the time 2am till 1pm mostly when internet traffic is low

Sufian2599

Hey Clansman, i also live in mahari area and do u play medal of honor warfighter online???

abdookjhg
dr.ezoo wrote:

hi . what i know about games in libya :

::: about PS3 it's to expensive and not best buy  becuse :

hard find\expensive cd's (only if you buy used from outside 10$ only)mad.png   
         typicaly no MP mode becuse of high PING to PS3 server(outside libya)
         you need a wimax router(not dongle ,+100 LD) or DSL cable(need phone caple)hmm.png

::: it's mainly pc gaming here especialy multiplayer game

you can find pepole playing Cs 1.6 ,CSs ,COD4(cracked) every day
         you can fix this thing
         all cd's are cracked
        the ONLY place in tripoly that sell the dvd(good copy ones) is in DAHRA(in souq al_laham don't touch any thing from the shops in dahra"street") 2.5LYD to all kind of pc dvd and 2LYD for movie and anime VS 10LYD in other places

::: alternative roll.png

buy pc                                                     2.5LYD\dvd
         buy XBOX(cracked one ,risk of ban"bomb")   3.5LYD\dvd
         buy WII(cheap, no nedd to MP ,alot of fun)   3.5LYD\dvd

where you can find the stuff in here is onother story

always justify the cause

Yes taht's ture bro

Articles to help you in your expat project in Tripoli

All of Tripoli's guide articles