Rose festival in Taif

Destination Jeddah magazine mentions that March 21 will be the date of the rose festival in Taif, but I believe the festival has been held in past years in April.  I sent an e-mail to the e-mail address listed in the magazine, but I haven't gotten a reply.

If anyone has any information about the festival for this year as well as accommodation suggestions, please post. 

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,
This year the Rose festival in Taif will be held between 19-30 March aligned with the Schools Spring Break (the dates are from an official invitation letter we received in our offices yesterday) .

please note that Al Hada Road is closed and you need to take Al Sail Road.

Enjoy

Hi Ahmadaq,
Thanks for mentioning about Hada road.
Just adding a few details, Hada road is closed in Week days and opened only during weekends, and you can always dial 112 and ask the operator if the road is opened or not.

Thanks for the reply.  :D

Hi. We are planning to go to taif for the festival. May i ask the location and how can we get there ? Thanks. We have a car.

Hi,

This year, the festival will be held in three locations (according to their Arabic official website).

The main activities will be in King Faisal Park-Taif, and the other two locations are; Al Radaf Park and Al Hada Area.

Activities begin from 4pm in King Faisal garden in Taif (airport road direction to Riyadh, near Intercontinental hotel).
Recommended to visit rose farms and oil factory in al Hada in morning hours.

Thanks to everyone for the info!

When is the exact date of festival?

Hi all,

We had a new invitation letter today saying that the opening day will be on March, 31 !! so I called them and they said that the dates were wrong in the first invitation letter  and that the new dates are the correct ones…

So Rose festival will start on Sunday, 31 March

ahmadaq wrote:

Hi all,

We had a new invitation letter today saying that the opening day will be on March, 31 !! so I called them and they said that the dates were wrong in the first invitation letter  and that the new dates are the correct ones…

So Rose festival will start on Sunday, 31 March

Thanks for the info. How many days is the festival? Wer planning to go to taif on april 4 or 5. Thanks.

May i ask if the festival open for a non muslim? They say that theres a checkpoint, i forgot the road's name from jeddah going to taif that they dont allowed non muslim to pass. Is it true? If its true, is there any other way going to taif for non muslim? Your kind response will be a big help. Thank you.

Hi,
There are two roads that takes you from Jeddah to Taif , one is via Makkah,that's the Hada road and its open only to Muslims (because Makkah is open for them only). with this road you will enter Taif from The West- south west side if the city. The other road is AlSail road which takes you around Makkah and you will enter Taif from north.
When you take the Jeddah Makkah express, to go to AlSail road you needs to go right from an area called Shomaisi (around 50km from Jeddah ).