Menu
Expat.com

Studying in Ankara

Last activity 04 May 2013 by xumushi

xumushi

Arrive in Ankara in early June and want to study Turkish at a school in a city in the "interior" of Turkey, that is, I hope to avoid the expensive and tourist-filled cities like Istanbul, Izmir, etc.

I see that Tömer has branches in Ankara, Samsun and Trabzon.

Pls advise:

1) Your experiences re: Tömer?

2) Ankara, Samsun or Trabzon: do you recommend any of these cities in particular, and if so, why?

3) Have heard that Ankara is frightfully boring. True?

4) Any other cities/schools you would recommend?

Lllllibraaa

Hi,
Samsun and Trabzon more boring than Ankara.
But Both cities are more cheap than Ankara .

xumushi

Oh, dear!

Well, nice to know.

I stayed in Istanbul for 1.5 months many years ago, and it's a very impressive city. But I found the pace of life too quick, and the locals -- at least where I went -- spoke such good English and German that it convinced me I should choose another site for future studies.

Thanks for your quick response!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Türkiye

• Study in Türkiye
    Study in Türkiye

Türkiye is a wonderful country to travel to and an interesting place to work from. But what if you are here ...

• Universities in Istanbul
    Universities in Istanbul

Istanbul, a city that straddles two continents, Europe and Asia, has long been a melting pot of cultures, ideas, ...

• Learning Turkish
    Learning Turkish

Everybody in Turkey does not speak English, especially outside of the major cities. Although not an absolute ...

• Learning Turkish in Turkey
    Learning Turkish in Turkey

So you have decided to move to Turkey.  Congratulations! You are in for a wonderful adventure. Turkey will ...

• Student life in Istanbul
    Student life in Istanbul

If you are going to study in Istanbul, you need to discover the best spots for students, such as where to study, ...

• Marriage in Türkiye
    Marriage in Türkiye

Türkiye, with its stunning landscapes and rich cultural heritage, has become a sought-after wedding ...

• Phones and Internet in Türkiye
    Phones and Internet in Türkiye

When you move to Türkiye, setting up your own phone and internet is a smart move to make right off the bat. ...

• Retire in Türkiye
    Retire in Türkiye

Türkiye, a perfect blend of history, culture, and breathtaking landscapes, is viewed by many as an ideal ...

All of Türkiye's guide articles