Menu
Expat.com

Studio rent price

Last activity 05 March 2010 by Jack3144

Reform

I am moving to Tripoli for 6-months assignment. Would you please advise about  the prices of 1-bed room apartment or studio for one person? Preferable in the city center, if it’s safe for single foreign female. Many thanks in advance.

Mudman

1 bedroom places aren't that common and tend to be expensive for what you get compared to a house outside of town.
A friend of mine who works as an agent says they know of a few in the Dahra part of town for between 800-1200LYD/month, but that for 800LYD you shouldn't expect much. Don't imagine this is going to be like a Western style studio apt.

A problem you may have is that most landlords want 12 mths rent up front. I'm just helping someone negotiate a 6 mth rental, but it's not been easy and many landlords won't consider it. It might be worth looking into a long term stay at a hotel for around 80-100LYD/day. That'll solve the issues you'll have around safety/rental/bills etc.

Reform

Dear Mudman,
Thank you very much. Very helpful indeed!
I was thinking about the hotel option, moreover that my assignment is a total of six months over two three-month periods. Now You convinced me and  I have to explore the web for Tripoli hotels. Let’s see if it works… Many thanks again.

Sandman6

How much are you willing to spend a month? I know of a freshly refurbished block of about 8 apartments in Dahra, all nicely decorated which are available. The owner wants to rent them as a job lot but may do a deal on a short term rent. Let me know if you're interested and I'll enquire.

Jack3144

Sandman, I might be interested. Could you please give more details ? Thanks in advance.

Sandman6

Yes, it was so interesting you had to post it twice wink.pnglol.png

The guy's out of the country just now, but I'll speak to him when he gets back in around a week.

Jack3144

thanks, and sorry about the double post the site went crazy when I posted big_smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Libya

All of Libya's guide articles