Menu
Expat.com

Ever had a bad taxi experience?

Last activity 17 December 2013 by hyukjin7

natsaysmiaow

I had a bad taxi experience on Sunday, I was unwittingly over-charged by about 18,000 won on a short trip from Hongik Uni station to Mangwon-dong. The driver knew I wasn't a local and took advantage of that.

I'm currently doing a radio story on bad taxi drivers, particularly ones that rip off foreigners. If you'd be willing to share your experiences with me, let me know.

Email me on nat.tencic@gmail.com if you could help.

Aurélie

Hello natsaysmiaow.

Welcome to Expat.com! smile.png

Hope other members will share their experiences with you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Epicuriousannie

I do have a few experiences in Indonesia. Or is it only for South Korea? :-)

natsaysmiaow

Just South Korea I'm afraid, but thanks for letting me know! If you know anyone that has had any experiences, feel free to get them in touch. smile.png

Epicuriousannie

All the taxi drivers that I've met are super nice here inUlsan. They even taught me some Koreans  :-)
But yes, I will ask the others :-)

natsaysmiaow

Thanks!

wingwang

The ripoff by taxi happens very common in very country. No doubt about that.

mecheng.hn

Did you make a "deal" with the driver instead of using taximeter?

kuniekun

yes...in Korea I had bad experience with taxi drivers. some old guys were rude, and knowing me a foreigner, they did not even bother to help me carry my luggage onto the backseat and inside the cab...they let me do myself. I was desperate for a taxi, so I had to do it anyway.

hyukjin7

Yes, I got on the last train for the day once and the subway's last stop was at Guro-yeok. That was just one station away from where I was supposed to get off. I could have walked to my  station but I didn't know the way so I took a taxi thinking that it won't be that expensive.  sosad.png But the driver charged KRW20,000 instead! argh!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Seoul

All of Seoul's guide articles