For Hungarians, Expats who have been to US

Now that you have been to both Hungary and USA -
please write a wishlist of things that Hungary could use and would be purchased by Hungarian consumers.

Thinking of importing.

Hmm, I think the main difference is not selection, it's price :-)
And after paying all taxes and budgeting for repairs or refunds (stricter consumer protection laws) I expect you'd end up in the same proce range...

I remember "importing" many high-end digital cameras for friends, all awailable locally, just at a higher price.
Similarly, a years supply of vitamis and supplements tends to cost the same in the US as a months supply here.

Things that are common items in the US but a novelty here are again priced accordingly. Jawbreakers, jar lid gripping rubber cloths, cinnamon chewing gum, silly putty just to name a few...

Batya wrote:

Thinking of importing.

If you want to actually make money, consider exporting to the US instead. Consider this item:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products … mpost-bin/

That same item, which is sold as a lard, onion, potato, etc. bucket in Hungary, and costs maybe 1500 HUF, is being sold by Williams-Sonoma for the equivalence of 13,000 HUF State side. Quite a nice little markup that some easily duped trendy minded state side Americans are willing to pay. ;)

P.S. Williams-Sonoma calling this a 19th century "found" object I think is total marketing BS; trying to make people think this is some sort of antique. They still make them in Hungary, and newly made ones look exactly like that photo at Williams-Sonoma.