Menu
Expat.com

Broadening Ties in Jeddah

Last activity 04 July 2013 by ahmadaq

Jonex

Hey everyone! I'm Adam, from the UK but currently living in Saudi Arabia. I hope to make friends with other expats and enjoy my time on this great site smile.png

ahmadaq

Hey Adam,

Usually when someone post on this forum saying that he/she is new , he/she will get few welcoming messages from some of EB senior guys and  thats about it, no real action happens..soooo,I am taking this to a new level of greeting new neighbors since its always a nice gesture to make a great first impression about the country and possibly begin a solid friendship  DONT EXPECT A PIE , but lets do what guys in Riyadh are doing and meet for coffee this weekend .
Am suggesting Costa Cafe, Cornich next to Sheraton Hotel on Saturday at 4:15 p.m. so all you guys (lets start with the guys for all the obvious reasons) who like to join feel free to do so

Jonex

I'd love to come, but I'm working until 5:30pm! sad.png

ahmadaq

You are working even on a Saturday !! (am still trying to get use to the idea of Saturday being a weekend)..am guessing many people are still working on Saturdays, so lets change it to Friday, same place same time

ghanshyampdave

Hi Adam ! Welcome to EB smile.png You'll make a lot of friends here on EB forums.
I'm working in Finance for a Trading Company too. My office is in Dammam. Also looking to move to Dubai / Singapore.

Ierfaan
ahmadaq wrote:

DONT EXPECT A PIE ,

A pie would be great. Is there any places in KSA where I can buy a meat pie?

ahmadaq

I dont think that you can buy meat pie here in Jeddaham having flashbacks for a kidney pie that I had some time ago, Had to act as a good guest and eat the whole slice....was awful

HRGuru

Way to go Ahmadq, good of you to take the initiative in Jeddah. The Riyadh EB'ers had their successful second meeting last Friday and we are looking forward for more.

Best of luck guys, and to all new comers, a hearty welcome as well.

ahmadaq

Thanx HRGuru, learning from the best .....NOW have to wait and see if it will ever happen, so far no good response

HRGuru
ahmadaq wrote:

Thanx HRGuru, learning from the best .....NOW have to wait and see if it will ever happen, so far no good response

No worries, you be there on time at the specified place and I am sure some one will turn up. Thats how it happened for us, although TLL and I agreed to meet there before hand. You could invite some one you know who will come for sure as well.

ahmadaq

Am meeting few of my friends for early morning walk at the Cornich and then for lunch and coffee, so what I will do is being in Costa Café on time and see if someone will show up

Toddsmum2105

I will hopefully be in Jeddah from August, looking forward to making new friends also, will be working there for 12 months, then hopefully permanent emigration to New Zealand x

ahmadaq

Welcome to Jeddah Toddsmum....

To make friends here, its compulsory to bring some Welsh cake coated with extra sugar with you otherwise forget about it.

I feel that I had stolen this thread from Jonex  blink.gif .. sorry man, I will shut up

Toddsmum2105

If I can bring it in, welsh cake will be on its way in August.

Toddsmum2105

Where do you all work?  I will be at the medical city.

MannyLQ
ahmadaq wrote:

Welcome to Jeddah Toddsmum....

To make friends here, its compulsory to bring some Welsh cake coated with extra sugar with you otherwise forget about it.

I feel that I had stolen this thread from Jonex  blink.gif .. sorry man, I will shut up

in that case open a new thread concerning about the Jeddah gathering, this title thread will not persuade expat at all.....just suggesting.....smile.png thus filipino like me can participate?

ralph-HRD-Dude

Well you can try our EGG PIE from BALLAD instead and it's cheap!... tongue.png

if i only have the pleasure of time and transportation... blink.gif

karen

Hello everyone.

This discussion has been moved to the Jeddah Forum for better interaction.

@ Jonex: I have also changed the title of your message.

Thanks

Karen smile.png

Taz_Y

Hello Adam,
Welcome to Jeddah where hopefully you will enjoy it. Wondering for how long are you going to stay here!
Looking forward to meet new people make new friends in here.

Peace!

ahmadaq

I'll take a rain check on this meeting since no one is joining  blink.gif ..... after Ramadan maybe

Jigsaw
ahmadaq wrote:

I'll take a rain check on this meeting since no one is joining  blink.gif ..... after Ramadan maybe

tooo bad ,, i was just sending a confirmation and about to tune my GPS ... tough luck then and may b next time ... however if any changes plz text or call my mobile as i will log out now 0500529804 or 0598602018 ,, cheers

HRGuru

Come on ahmad, now you have one. Start the meeting and I am sure more will follow.

mountaineer8888

wud luv to join in but out of jeddah this weekend.
Yeh after Eid seems a good idea

ahmadaq

Too late , I already made other plans. Sorry  jip and HR

Articles to help you in your expat project in Jeddah

• Accommodation in Jeddah
    Accommodation in Jeddah

Jeddah is often dubbed the 'New York' of Saudi Arabia. It is heavily populated, hosting the most diverse ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia
    Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia can be a challenging destination for women. As a strict Islamic country, Saudi Arabia imposes a lot ...

• Driving in Saudi Arabia
    Driving in Saudi Arabia

Driving in Saudi Arabia is the easiest and most convenient way to get around. That being said, expats in Saudi ...

• Getting married in Saudi Arabia
    Getting married in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is a country that holds marriage and family as one of its core values. It is a privilege to get ...

• Accommodation in Dammam
    Accommodation in Dammam

Dammam is the capital city of the Eastern Province, which is made up of smaller cities that, together, form the ...

• Accommodation in Yanbu
    Accommodation in Yanbu

Overlooking the Red Sea, Yanbu is deemed to be Saudi Arabia's second industrial city after Jubail, which is ...

• Accommodation in Khobar
    Accommodation in Khobar

Khobar is the metropolitan city of the Eastern Province. It is widely recognized as the happy medium between ...

All of Jeddah's guide articles