Help with visa for partner

hello,

i have been offered a job in libya and intend to bring my unmarried partner. i really need help on how to do this. we are heterosexual, should i aim to get her in on a tourist visa (in which case tours are super-costly) or as a spouse - not sure on the rules in libya for unmarried couples. is there any easy way around this?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

From what I understand, couples must come as married couples. having said that, there was a girl who used to come on this site some months ago who wasn't married. She and her partner have since left Libya, and I don't know how they got round the issue.

Mrs Sand and I were married in Nigeria, and for some reason the Libyans would not accept our Nigerian marriage certificate. Maybe they heard how easily they can be bought ;)

We ended up having to apply to the UK Home Office to get married again in the UK, meaning that we've now been married three times. The first time was a traditional Igbo marriage which doesn't officially count.

Easy way around it- get married!
Not meaning to be flippant, but it won't be easy. Getting Mrs Mudman residency took ages. This isn't just a Libyan thing though. If you were from a non EU country, for example, wanting to move to the UK for work, you'd have real difficulties doing what you want to do. For every 'honest' person like you, there are thousands of chancers wanting to bend the rules!
Goto the British Embassy in somewhere like Bangkok and you'll realise why the rules are tough :)

thanks for the replies.

is it not possible, once i get a residency permit, to sponsor her visit in the same way you'd sponsor friends and family over to visit or do different rules apply?

Hello
you don't have to be married , just send her a tourist visa , which going to cost 110 Dinnar =100 usd =170 euro

it's not expensive sir
uk visa for libyans cost 320 dinnar
and schengen cost us 115 dinnar

so its the same

i have bring my girl friend from dinmark by tourist visa

you go to office call AL sonbula alzahbia IN MZRAN STREET NEAR BARIUSH SHOp
YOU find that office up stair befor the shop

and thier they will give u the tourist invitation by 120 dinnar

and then after 3 days they will give you secret number

u give the nuber to ur girl friend , and she give it to libyan embassy in uk with her passport ,

and sure u she will get the visa in very much short time , 7 days

goodluck

thanks very much ibrahjette. really appreciate the advice! just a question, if i followed your steps to get the visa, how long would it last for, 30 days? longer? also could i get a multiple entry visa for her too so that we can take trips to tunisia / egypt/ malta etc and then still return to libya?

also, how do you go about having family members come and visit, is it the same way as youve descibed in your post?

thanks very much

Visitor visas are valid 30 days, single entry. That's it.

If you want to come to Libya, do it the correct way. The Libyans don't fcuk around when it comes to deporting anyone who abuses the immigration rules.

Anyone know if you can get tourist visas extended, currently have my other half over here with me, but he'd like to stay longer and the agency I originally did it with are being complete and utter arseholes... all info appreciated.

I know its not possible to do it. But I also know people who did it... So the answer is... ItŽs possible if you know the right person...

Great... any idea who the right person is then...

mmmm, sorry, I wish I knew him!!!

Hi mr. meego33
the visa will take maximum 20 days, but what I know , it take shorter in UK because the Libyan embassy in UK very much active  than others in Europe
No body in Libya can get  a multiple entry visa for tourist

also,  having family members come and visit,  it will as  same  as I described to you , because the vist visa considered under tourist visa ,
except for students , who are already studying in Libyan universty they can get multi entry visa without sending invitation from libya , but they still have to go the libyan embassies before come back to libya

meego33 , advice you to start process , and i sure you it will not take anytime , maximum will take 3 weeks
but your nationality is UK and thats great thing , because we have no problem with them anymore, embassy very active in london , so she will get the visa in 3 days after she get the secrete number from you

the secret number is  (acceptable number )
the tourist office will give you pepore or acceptance sometimes instead of number

send the acceptance letter to you girlfriend , and she have to take it with her to libyan embassy ,

3 days for visa , so you see , it even not take long time in Uk

for my girlfriend she take 12 days ,

because i was very active with the office here in libya ,

another advice :- don't pay more 150 Dinnar

your girlfriend will be not allwed to entry if she :-
1-have stamp to israel
2-invalid passport

about the stap to israel , she can hidde it , the men in airport can't recognise it , but she have to take care and put pace of pepore on it

and no extended
good luck
and excuse me for the bad english ,

ibrahjette do you have telephone number for "AL sonbula alzahbia IN MZRAN STREET NEAR BARIUSH SHOp " Am also interested in this

ibrahjette wrote:

Hi mr. meego33
your girlfriend will be not allwed to entry if she :-
1-have stamp to israel
2-invalid passport

about the stap to israel , she can hidde it , the men in airport can't recognise it , but she have to take care and put pace of pepore on it

I have heard some bad advice in my life, but this one reached the top5.

Just get a new passport before you travel to Libya, because you simply don't want to get 'caught' with an Israeli visa stamp in your passport. Consequences can be/are serious!

Meego 33

Yes she can get in but as a visitor,,(Tourist)

Flipfinger,, Your friends can extend his visa and it is Legal to do so... Just go yourself to the Libyan home office or use the right agency.

Thank you

hi . i am planning to go to libya, i am from philippines. if i can provide in the future libyan tourist visa for my husband to be, would it be possible for him to find a job in libya and convert the tourist visa to working visa?

No...see post 33 on this thread

RESIDENCE VISA APPLICATION