Buying a car as newly moved to Bangkok

Would it be reasonable to just buy a 2,3 used car rather than going for a new car...

Could you advise what would be the best car that retain its value incase of resale in 2 years?? I understood that Toyota is one of the best brands retaining value, but what if I go for Volvo that I may buy it already as used?? would it lose hell of value in 2 years..

Looking for someone who may shed some light in this regard.. You may tell me yr whole opinion.

I'm looking for 4x4, fortuner/pajero/Volvo or any equivalent

Rgds,

Despradoooz wrote:

Would it be reasonable to just buy a 2,3 used car rather than going for a new car...

Could you advise what would be the best car that retain its value incase of resale in 2 years?? I understood that Toyota is one of the best brands retaining value, but what if I go for Volvo that I may buy it already as used?? would it lose hell of value in 2 years..

Looking for someone who may shed some light in this regard.. You may tell me yr whole opinion.

I'm looking for 4x4, fortuner/pajero/Volvo or any equivalent

Rgds,

Secondhand vehicles in Thailand are expensive because depreciation is much lower than outside the country. So new vehicles resold after a couple of years do not reflect a huge drop in price.

Toyota and Mitsubishi are both fairly popular with Thais, the former being the most sought after.

European/USA vehicles are less popular.

Personally I would buy new simply because I then know the vehicles history.