Menu
Expat.com

Resources: Learn Greek Online *FREE*

Last activity 24 July 2010 by boyofford

KOUKLA75

A few sites that may be helpful, for Beginners & Advanced:

Hitgreek : www.hitgreece.com Learn Greek / Tourist Guide/ Recipes and more

Ellopos : www.ellopos.net Learn Greek, free downloads available.

Hellenic American Union : www.hau.gr Learning Greek Podcasts -Free Modern Greek lessons in the form of podcasts, each accompanied by α full transcript and comprehension exercises. These podcasts will help you improve your listening skills.

Ilearngreek : www.ilearngreek.com some Free Greek Lessons

University of Athens:www.media.uoa.gr Greek as a foreign language. Theory and loads of downloadable activities

Freelang: www.freelang.net  Free Greek Dictionnary download

Livemocha: www.livemocha.com Learn Greek FREE

whoyouknow.gr

bravo koukla !!

these are some really nice language sites. smile.png

dilip pinto

Hi koukla,

thanks.. any websites which lets me download english movie with greek subtitles?? thanks a ton..

KOUKLA75

There is,teamofgreeks.com (since the Greek authorities closed down Gamato.info(which was the biggest Greek torrent site) just last month, but teamofgreekz requires you get sent an invitation by a member, they rarely have open registration, I dont have any invitations right now.(members get given free invitations once they reach a certain upload/download ratio)
I will however do some research and I will let u know, the above are all torrent sites, if u have a rapidshare account I know theyres tons of sites/forums where u can D/L Movies w/ Greek Subs, but with no rapidshare account its quite a drag cos movies are broken down into rar/zipped files(parts) and rapidshare only allows Free users to download a certain amount per hour/day so it may take you 1-2 days to download a whole movie.
Are u looking for smt specific a certain movie or you just generally want Movies w/ Greek subs?

norisv

kypros.org/LearnGreek

boyofford

Nice work on compiling this list!
Just to add this youtube video really helped with the alphabet.
youtube.com/watch?v=2AwfeLakC7I&feature=player_embedded

If you look through youtube you can find more videos that help!

Rich
EDIT: my link didn't seem to work properly? did someone change it?

Just found this, and thought may be helpful, it shows how to write the Greek letters, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBjAsT_nlNY

Articles to help you in your expat project in Greece

• Study in Greece
    Study in Greece

If you're thinking of studying in Greece, you'll certainly be in good company — after all, how ...

• Importing a car or buying a car in Greece
    Importing a car or buying a car in Greece

Importing a car to Greece can be a complex process that requires proper documentation and adherence to ...

• Dating in Greece
    Dating in Greece

Greece is a country known for its social and friendly culture, which can make meeting new people easy and ...

• Setting up a business in Greece
    Setting up a business in Greece

Starting your own company or being self-employed in Greece is not easy for non-locals, let alone for non-EU ...

• Getting married in Greece
    Getting married in Greece

Dreaming of getting married in Greece? Whether you're a foreigner or a Greek citizen, tying the knot in this ...

• Residence permits in Greece
    Residence permits in Greece

Obtaining a residency permit is crucial if you want to remain in Greece as an expat, allowing you to access many ...

• How to drive in Greece
    How to drive in Greece

Driving in Greece is not for the faint of heart. Apart from the logistics of converting your driving license or ...

• Childcare and family activities in Greece
    Childcare and family activities in Greece

Greece is a very child-friendly country. At least, that's what Greeks like to think. The reality is that ...

All of Greece's guide articles