Does it really worth leaving your country ???!!!!

hello all, i'm not trying to pretend being wise or showing anykind of philosophy, it's just feeling so bad to stay outside your country, even if it's the worst place all over the world, and what makes me feel really bad is that i have military services in egypt, that's why i have to stay here in qatar for 3 more years till i reach the 30 years old, but i really wanna go back as i really miss walking in the streets, staying with my friends, and family. i hate being abroad.

Sorry to you feel like this, Amir... I guess it all depends on the person. Personally, I have been an expat for 13 years, living in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and now in Italy, and I enjoyed every single bit of it.

The difference is of course, this was my choice. It looks like living abroad was not really your choice.

I do agree that often the hardest thing is to miss friends and family. Nowadays, with Skype, MSN, Email,.. it is much easier to stay in touch with your loved ones. I remember the times back in 1994 where a phone call from Angola to my family would cost me US$3/minute!

Try to enjoy, though.. There are worse places than Qatar!

to live and learn different culture and experiences as an expat is much more exciting than to stay in own country for the rest of life

Everything is worth on my point of view :-)