Enter The Dragon!

Sure you know there are no dragons but you've probably seen Bruce Lee's movie "Enter The Dragon" or whatever it was called... anyway this post isn't about dragons or movies, the title is just a desperate attempt to get noticed since I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself lol... lets hope I do it properly :D

I'm Mazen from Syria, been in Riyadh for 4 years and I work for a medical company. I'm here becuase I would like to hear from expats like myself and exchange thoughts.

Hope to hear from you :)

Marhaba then ;-)

Welcome to Expat.com Mazen!

Hi Maz,

Welcome to the forum.  Most of us are in Riyahd, too (although we'd rather be in Paris lol).

Your desperate attempt to get noticed was original--well, not the desperate attempt but the honesty in admitting it :lol:

@Jo Ann

Ahla W'sahla :)

@FeeAcer

Thanks a lot :)

@Alliecat

Yea I can see that most people here are living in Riyadh and it's not a surprise, people who live in Jeddah or Dammam don't seem to be online often they probably prefer fishing (can't blame them wish I could do that here lol).

And yea admitting my desperate attempt was probably a good call since people were gonna figure it out anyway ;)

Hi Madmaz and welcome. A word of warning Alliecat may look like a cute kitty but she has sharp claws. Meeeeaaaaaoooowwww.

Hi jillndave,

I've read quite a few threads before I decided to join and post my own and I noticed she's one of the big sharks in the forum ;) thats why I'm happy she's approved my post!

oh wait she did, didn't she? :blink:

Welcome and swim around a bit.  That shadow behind you isn't...

Or is it?

she's one of the big sharks in the forum

Moi?

:blink::huh::blink::huh:

@MisterStretch

I'll swim and we'll see what happens :)

@Alliecat

Posts: 966 and counting, you probably know everyone here so yea that qualifies you to be a forum VIP... or a big shark the way I put it ;)

Yeah, way too much time on my hands :(

Ironically I am actually very busy--do a lot of part-time work in addition to my full-time job.  But this is my way of relaxing (some people watch TV to unwind).

You know what MadMaz???I have already started liking u :)

I like the way u have initiated here and yeah lucky u our "Big Boss" seems to have approved u already" :P

Oh by the way "Welcome":cheers:[and mind it,its a non-alcoholic beer] :P

@Alliecat

I think I know what you're talking about, I don't know if its just me or everyone actually feels that way but seems that time in KSA somehow "acts" differently, no matter how much time you've got or how busy, free or even bored you are times flys by at an accelarated speed, it doesn't feel that way in my home country... I know I'm not making much sense! lol

I prefer the web over TV as well.

@nonz

Now I might be even luckier since the popular forum girl (you) seems to approve my intro post as well :) promise I'll try to keep the image... cheers btw, mind you it's a non-alcoholic kind of "cheers" :p

Now I might be even luckier since the popular forum girl (you) seems to approve my intro post as well smile promise I'll try to keep the image... cheers btw, mind you it's a non-alcoholic kind of "cheers" :p

Oh my God :o ,U r a very very dangerous guy :cool:.You are knowing more than you should know .First u knew how to catch the attention :unsure and now u seems to know how to keep every one happy.:whistle:  Hmmmm let me re consider about u :dumbom:

since the popular forum girl (you)

Oh, great. Nonz is the popular girl and I am the shark :mad:

Alliecat wrote:

Hey Allie, I like sharks and their sexy tails :P
SO i don't mind eating them too :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

@Nonz

I was about to write something different but then came Alliecats post... obviously I don't really know how to make everyone happy I already got my self into trouble with the boss so you don't really need to reconsider lol

@Alliecat

the shark is THE boss Alliecat... I'd be happy to be one anytime :D

anyway I take that shark thing back... sorryyyyy :gloria

Oh God now he is getting more and more dangerous.:mad:

First,he choose the unusual topic to hit in the forum and get so noticeable :/
Secondly, he made us feel so imp here on our own forum :/

and now,he exactly knows how to speedily rectify his mistakes[even undone]  :mad:

Yeah bouy,"You have just hit your leg right on some really sharp AXE" :whistle:

Axecuse me?! :whistle:

MadMaz wrote:

Axecuse me?! :whistle:

Yes,u 're :rolleyes:

already got my self into trouble with the boss

Okay, got to set the record straight:  salman (the man, not the fish) is our boss in this forum!

But Maz, you've brought up something that interests me:

I've read quite a few threads before I decided to join and post my own

How long had you been lurking and what  made you decide to finally participate??

How long had you been lurking and what  made you decide to finally participate??

Allie,I 'm glad he did his homework before joining us :P

I've been lurking for so long!An hour before I joined probably :lol: it been so long since I've decided to stay away from forums coz people seem to debate endlessly without any outcome but this place seems different coz people are just exchaging info and having a good time rather than debating... so far so good :D

Well, when there are loads and loads of people discussing the same thing going around in circles it's a mass debate. You will not find any of that going on here. :whistle:

we are a simple community who want to share, exchange and socialize in a manner that suits each and everyone of us. So far the forum has provided us a great platform to achieve this without any issues, controversies, and conflicts. We hope we can keep it this way?

Alliecat wrote:

Welcome MadMaz...spot on :lol:

@Dave

I guess a forum can tolerate some of these threads... but you're right I will not find any of that going on here. :whistle:;)

@musicman

I think it's not that hard to keep it that way. When it comes to me I assure you I have no interest in controversies nor conflicts and I plan to keep things the way they are :)

@loanna

I think you're confusing me with someone else, I don't remember ever being involved in the shark business... I'm sure you mean someone else :whistle:

Maz,

An awful lot of whistling going on in your last post :P

lol

True Alliecat, I was playing Zamfir's Lonely Shephered but seems like your speakers were turned off, don't worry though I'll play it for you again... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

JULIEN!!!!!!!!  We need a :spank: emoticon!!

Oh well, this will have to do  :dumbom:

Alliecat, he seems such an innocent young man, why would you suggest that you want to spank him.

I'm shocked at you, then again maybe not. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

@Alliecat

Did it occur to you that there might be a spank emoticon already on the site but it's disabled on the KSA forum to avoid misinterpretation > blocking the site?! :lol:

@Dave

You're right man, I'm so innocent that I don't even know what you two are talking about :gloria:lol:

Welcome to the Forum Maz, sounds like you are assimilating quickly!   :lol::lol:

Thank you CAF, I couldn't have done it without the great people I found here :D

MadMaz wrote:

Thank you CAF, I couldn't have done it without the great people I found here :D

awwww how modest u 've been :P