Menu
Expat.com

What do you do in your free time?

Last activity 19 January 2014 by MiaCulpa

Graci2014

In my free time, I go to shopping mall, I go to the park, I watch my favorites series but what I really love do is read books!

Ah! And I would love to start the swimming!

stumpy

I go walking most mornings and during the day I read non fiction books.

Fred

I snap away with a camera.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

aryavrat

I mostly login in Expat.com,sleep or go out and watch day to day life in the surroundings.All these not together.

James

Hi Graci,

Not that I have a lot of free time, what with teaching, family responsabilities and a 6-year old son who keeps me hopping, teaching him how to cook, how to ride a bike, etc.

When I do have free time I devote a lot of it to Expat-blog of course. One of my favorite passtimes is MS Flight Simulator. I spend my time flying the "big iron" mostly Boeing 737s and I love repainting aircraft for flightsim with "real-world" paint schemes like the ones below (which I'm sure you will recognize). I have some that I've done that nobody else in the world has.

attachment.php?attachmentid=134609&d=1348754142&thumb=1

and another that only I have:

attachment.php?attachmentid=134803&d=1349020747&thumb=1

John C.
wjwoodward wrote:

....  One of my favorite passtimes is MS Flight Simulator. I spend my time flying the "big iron" mostly Boeing 737s and I love repainting aircraft for flightsim with "real-world" paint schemes like the ones below (which I'm sure you will recognize). I have some that I've done that nobody else in the world has. ....

Aaaahh James, the child in you ...  smile.png

John C.
Graci2014 wrote:

In my free time, I go to shopping mall, I go to the park, I watch my favorites series but what I really love do is read books!

Ah! And I would love to start the swimming!

Hi Graci,  smile.png
You seem to do a lot of things that do not pay though ...   sad.png

I my free time, I come here to post posts with the keyboard sitting down in front of the computer legs stretched under the desk away from the noise in town but I still cannot increase my typing speed.

What do you say, did I manage to describe my favorite pastime vibrantly enough?  hmm.png

John C.
wjwoodward wrote:

.........  One of my favorite passtimes is MS Flight Simulator. I spend my time flying the "big iron" mostly Boeing 737s and I love repainting aircraft for flightsim with "real-world" paint schemes like the ones below (which I'm sure you will recognize). I have some that I've done that nobody else in the world has.

Now I found out why you have no time to write 6,500-word posts and write only 2,000-word posts ...  big_smile.png
With time James, you will tell us everything you do secretly in the background.  I don't even have to make you give your secrets away, you divulge them yourself for free ...   top.png

Adauto

What I love in my free time is being  with my family.

Bob K

I head to the beach with a good book, good cigar and a cold presidente (local beer).

Bob K

Graci2014
stumpy wrote:

Cool! What type do you like? Biographies, self-help, philosophy book?

Graci2014
mas fred wrote:

I think it's incredible! But I can't do that, because I am not a good photographer.  big_smile.png

Your photos are good!

James

That's right John, just like Peter Pan, I'll never grow up! The only difference is that I can't fly (without an aircraft), I look ridiculous in green lycra tights and I don't know a single fairy named Tinkerbell.

Adauto
wjwoodward wrote:

That's right John, just like Peter Pan, I'll never grow up! The only difference is that I can't fly (without an aircraft), I look ridiculous in green lycra tights and I don't know a single fairy named Tinkerbell.

James, I believe that would very funny to see this scene, I could pay for it.

Graci2014
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Graci,

Not that I have a lot of free time, what with teaching, family responsabilities and a 6-year old son who keeps me hopping, teaching him how to cook, how to ride a bike, etc.

When I do have free time I devote a lot of it to Expat-blog of course. One of my favorite passtimes is MS Flight Simulator. I spend my time flying the "big iron" mostly Boeing 737s and I love repainting aircraft for flightsim with "real-world" paint schemes like the ones below (which I'm sure you will recognize). I have some that I've done that nobody else in the world has.

[img align=c]http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=134609&d=1348754142&thumb=1[/url]

and another that only I have:

[img align=c]http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=134803&d=1349020747&thumb=1[/url]

Hi!

How can you do that? It became so much real!
My brother liked too.   smile.png

But I didn't understand. Do you use one program for do that or do you play it in a video game?

Fred
Graci2014 wrote:
mas fred wrote:

I think it's incredible! But I can't do that, because I am not a good photographer.  big_smile.png

Your photos are good!

Neither am I, I just snap away, hoping for the odd reasonable shot.
Give it a try, I'd love to see photo threads in other country's forums.

stumpy
Graci2014 wrote:
stumpy wrote:

Cool! What type do you like? Biographies, self-help, philosophy book?

I read true crime, history, war and what ever takes my fancy when I am in the library looking around. 
I like to read about the history of the area I am living in here in Australia.
I have been tracing my family tree on dad's side of the family as well which I do online.

lamjed84

Reading ! smile.png

MiaCulpa

What free time?  It gets more expensive every year.

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles