Girls Girls

Are there any salons here that do acrylic nails?

Now you all know how hedonistic I am....but then again, if the only part of me that shows around here are my fingers and toes..they may as well be immaculate :joking:

Loanna,
I think you will not find such. It is forbidden in Islam to have artificial nails... hair too... This is what I know.

But in fact I saw cheap chinese nails being sold. The ones that can be glued. I donno why :rolleyes:

Ioanna wrote:

Now you all know how hedonistic I am....but then again, if the only part of me that shows around here are my fingers and toes..they may as well be immaculate :joking:

Hehehehe ,Actually being hedonistic is such a quality and i m glad u posses it :lol:

and coming back to you acrylic nails,try the saloons at DQ ,there is one huge one,i dont remember the name exactly :( but why acrylic nails nails Ioanna? :rolleyes:

zarvata wrote:

Loanna,
I think you will not find such. It is forbidden in Islam to have artificial nails... hair too... This is what I know.

I may be wrong, but I don't think loanna is a Muslim.

There are many customs that foreigners practice in KSA that are forbidden for Muslims but acceptable for foreigners to do.

This may be one of them.

Ioanna wrote:

....but then again, if the only part of me that shows around here are my fingers and toes..they may as well be immaculate :joking:

Hi Loanna

When I was living in Khobar 2 years ago, you would find sets of artificial nails in Tamimi Supermarket (are there any in Riyadh?) Of course not same than having them done in a salon but it can help if you have to go to a party.

Also in Saco they would sell complete DIY set with the little machine to dry the nails (mine is already in the trunks as I'm again moving on so I can't give you more details).

Hope this helps.
Arlette

MisterStretch

There are many customs that foreigners practice in KSA that are forbidden for Muslims but acceptable for foreigners to do.

Yep, you may do anything at your own home. :) Salons is another thing. The punishment is really severe and it`s a big risk for an official salon.

zarvata wrote:

MisterStretch

Yep, you may do anything at your own home. :) Salons is another thing. The punishment is really severe and it`s a big risk for an official salon.

I am not here to offend anyone especially over something like artificial nails..afterall, I want to fit into this society not alienate myself

Thanks to all who replied

I am happy to remove the ones I came to Riyadh with:)

signed
Nailess in Riyadh :cool:

Yeah, well fine time to remove them! :P  If you'd done it 4 days sooner you could've bowled with us!!!!!!!  :mad:

Alliecat wrote:

Yeah, well fine time to remove them! :P  If you'd done it 4 days sooner you could've bowled with us!!!!!!!  :mad:

:lol::lol::lol: i didn't know the story :P