So.... Which one are you?

Funny, but a lot of truth there:

http://hungarianhousekeeping.wordpress. … e-of-cetp/

So, which type of Expat are you? Or in case you are perfect (and we all are, right?  ;)) and none of these types define you, then which type do you encounter the most in other Expats?

And feel free to add which of the bloggers here you think also fit into one of these categories.  :)

I don't think any of the expats I've met fit into any of those categories but then again most of those I've met are not American.

fidobsa wrote:

I don't think any of the expats I've met fit into any of those categories but then again most of those I've met are not American.

Some of those categories are indeed somewhat "Americanized" (The Daddy's money leaps to mind), but I don't find all of them as such.  That is, while there are not so many of the "Western European" expat types I also find here in that list, that does not exclude some of the types listed as being of a more generic global nature.

For example, I have seen my share of non-American expats that have "Gone native" for example. And some blogs here at expat-blog.com I think fall into some categories as well. There are more than one photo blogs listed here (some by Americans, but others by non-Americans) that I would consider falling into "The Photographic artiste" category.