New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Liz

I think I contacted you before to say hello

I spoke to a neighbour this morning  and we made an arrangement to go to Tortosa next Tuesday, we can do a few chores and get to know each other. We haven't firmed up yet  but I would dearly love to have a curry in Tortosa. There are no curry houses where we live.

Are you interested in us picking you up for a morning out? I know you don't drive. We both  need to do a couple of things and we thought a bit of quick shopping plus lunch would be good. We are both retired and English. Let me know if you are interested. It would be around 10.30 ish (depending on whether we find Cherta easily!).  I am ros.capability@gmail.com. Please let me know by e mail if you can.

Look forward to hearing from you
Ros

Thanks Ros

See you next week

Dorothy

Looks as if Tortosa isn't the best place for a curry - Benisannet is!  At a place called the Ali Baba.  So we'll have to think again about lunch.
Speaking to my neighbour I have discovered that there are policies you can buy for funerals. "Seguros de decesos" There are also price comparison websites eg
http://www.starazona.com/seguro-de-dece … ecesos.php

I am going to see an insurance agent/gestor in Ginestar shortly so I will ask him what he can offer and let you know. See you next week or sooner if I have news.
Ros

Thanks Ros.

Hi Ros i have just completed app for funeral cover wih Catalunia Insuarance servies phone number 977092043. It is around 13 euros a month and you are coverd from when you compleat your application.Liz

Fantastic Liz. That's really helpful, I'll pass it on to Dorothy,who's trying to organise hers
Ros

That sounds just the ticket. 

Speak next week.

Dorothy

HI Liz, just checking about Tuesday. I didn't get an e mail from you. Shall I take that as a  'no' then?

Hi did not know we had anything planed for Tuesday. I wont be here i am going to England for 1 week on Sunday. Let me know when you may be this way again i would love to meet up ok. LizRos

Re: New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here

Hi Liz

I think I contacted you before to say hello

I spoke to a neighbour this morning  and we made an arrangement to go to Tortosa next Tuesday, we can do a few chores and get to know each other. We haven't firmed up yet  but I would dearly love to have a curry in Tortosa. There are no curry houses where we live.

Are you interested in us picking you up for a morning out? I know you don't drive. We both  need to do a couple of things and we thought a bit of quick shopping plus lunch would be good. We are both retired and English. Let me know if you are interested. It would be around 10.30 ish (depending on whether we find Cherta easily!).  I am ros.capability[at]gmail.com. Please let me know by e mail if you can.

Look forward to hearing from you
Ros
This is what I sent to you, Maybe you didn't realise it was for you!¬ We'll take a rain check. Contact me when you're back Ros

Hi Xertaliz.  I thought I was sending a message to Roz.  We had planned to go to Tortosa on Tuesday.

Have a nice trip.  Look forward to meeting you.

Hi Liz

Any luck with the insurance.  See you Tuesday.  Let me know if any changes.

Hello everyone

My name is Mustafa
Saudi/American
26 y/o
Married
I work as a Project Engineer
Will be moving to Madrid, Spain next month for 1.5 years. :)

Hi Daniele my name is graham I live in manilva and I am looking to meet new friends and hopefully get some work so if I'm near you fancy a chat and coffee

Hi Jen where are you living now

Привет! Привіт! Hey! Holaaaa!
Meet new-comer to Spain and to this website. I moved to Ferrol (A Coruna) from London in December. And my place of power and at the same time the place of birth is Kyiv (Ukraine).
Feel quite good about Spanish language already, not so knowledgeable about Spanish culture and all the traditions but I'm on my way. Slowly:)
Well, for those, who wants to broad the friends round or just chat with me a bit I'm at your disposal.

Anya

hello julien and to everyone else .

i am samuel an aspiring writer .. love to travel.  from bangalore india . would be in spain by end of sep. loads of queries on my mind , its kinda a big move or  a step for me . my hearts all in but my mind comes up with loads of questions i dont have answers to. how s spain more imp how s murcia the lifestlye culture and so on. if anyone have any idea about the place or any tips or heads ups . plz do reply .

Hello
I have been one month in south of Spain, lovely village north of San Pedro de Alcantara, I was sharing the house with a friend but he decided to go back to France.

I am a mature french women and I try through this blog to find 1 person of my age to share the house with me, my rental contract is until end of march 2015

Marie Claire

Am Jude, 24 years. I am 9 months old in Spain. Oroginally from Africa, I am a student in the University of Navarra, Pamplona. Now going for vacation in Galicia. I would like to meet new people and we become friends.
see you soon!!

I am a doctor.I am graduated from Cuba as a medical doctor(Latin American School of Medicine).Now I want to work in Spain as my degree is valid there.I have already sent my documents for the homologation .It will take some time ,SO IN the mean time i want to look for the job in Spain so that I can move there and make my future.

Hi there,
My name is Denise and im 21 years old. Currently living in Amsterdam but i love to travel!
Last year i worked with orphans in Kenya and this year i will work as aupair in Madrid or Capri(Italy) Did not made my decision yet! Hope to meet lots of people so that we can share stories/cultures/languages
I also speak Dutch, German and French.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Denise

Hi you are better hitting mallorca for work as a docter

good luck

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi...this is my fourth day in barca..am being such a good little tourist as well as job hunting.
It would be fabulous to connect with friends...as im sure you have all experienced.....starting again in a new city/country can be challenging.....teeeheee.
Im loving my experiences and the vibe of the city.
Im a sun...beach person...so living near the beach again is heavenly.
hellooooo everyone!!
Namaste!!
Tun

Hello,
I was looking different webpages to meet people and speak English... and I've found this one! I'm from Barcelona and the last month I had to leave Ireland. Now I miss to speak English and I also would love to help foreigners to learn Spanish or Catalan.
Regards
Paula

Hi, Paula. Welcome on this blog.

Hi, we are a Spanish married  young  teacher couple who live in Burgos, Spain
We seek a responsible, serious and clean English native girl. Demanding daily conversation at home in English.
We offer a huge private Bedroom: sheets and blankets, double bed, closet. 
Private Living room: TV, wardrobes, large table, chairs, lounge furniture, shelves, private Bathroom
Price 300 Euros per month includes supplies (ADSL, water, electricity, heating, food...).
It is a duplex, you will be independent, you can earn a lot of money giving English speaking lessons
at home .
If you are interested ask for more details.  Contact: ydelcura@gmail.com

Hello yolanda y miguel > i invite you to post an ad in the housing in Spain section

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A warm welcome to all new members and thank you for your introduction. :)

hi, i'm nacho from Valencia and i'm sure you'll love valencia because it's a great city with many things to see and do. i'm a spanish teacher with lots of experience teaching spanish to english speaking people ( british, americans, australians,and canadians ). Some of them are living currently living in valencia so i can get you in touch with them if you want an expat point of view about Valencia. Other than that i live in Valencia but i'm from a small, beautiful, picturesque village in the northwest of the province of valencia called chulilla wich is famous for rock climbing. You can see my village on the internet. I love dogs , specially pointing dogs, nature, music, literature among  many other things. I'd like to be in touch with you so i'm looking forward to your answer. My email is    serratilla67@gmail.com

Hello,

My name is Claude and have just moved to Spain with my partner Ana and our two young children. We are currently staying in Roquetas de Mar with Ana's family but will be moving to Almeria City soon. I was born and have lived in London all my life and have run an audio visual business for the last 12 years. We decided to move as Ana is Spanish and has family here and to give our children a better quality of life. I am currently looking for work and am open to ideas for business ventures, so If anyone is in the Almeria area and would like to meet up please let me know.

Gracias

Claude

Hi Claude,

Good luck with the move,

We moved out 10 years ago, for a better quality of life for the children too.

I am also from London ( E18)

Work is not too easy to find at the moment , so hope you have some luck !

Unfortunately we are not in the same area, other wise you could have met up

Cheers Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony, hope all is good with you & your family.

Thanks  Claude , yes all is well thanks, life is good in the sun !

Work for me isn't great at the moment but luckily my wife has work as a teacher so we can eat !!

Hi everyone

I'm Gemma and I'm planning to move to Madrid in September. I work as a Medical Writer and I will be going freelance. I am moving to Madrid because I am sick to death of the London lifestyle! My boyfriend is from Madrid and I have always wanted to live in Spain and learn Spanish fluently so this is a great opportunity.

Although my aim is to learn Spanish, this could take a while :). I would love to meet some English speaking people and make some friends.

Gemma

Thanks for the welcome! :-) My name is Sally and my partner Gordon and I moved to the province of Almeria about 11 years ago.  I love living here and have taken the plunge by starting my own small business as a Virtual Enterpriser.  This means that I can either work from home or on the ground assisting people to relocate if wanted or finding houses to look at or be your PA on line.  I have quite a few years of admin experience back in the UK but have worked for a large Spanish building company and a couple of other small English businesses too since I came out here. [Moderated: No free ad]

anybody use cubie ??.its a messenger if u do please let me know.

Hi All,

My name is Isaac. I have joined this great blog because I'm looking for a person  with American accent.  (in Madrid)
This is for recording the voice, for a few videos with American accent. It will be paid.

hola! soy nueva por aquí y me pide que publique algo por el foro antes de poder empezar a enviar mensajes por aquí... esta es mi presentación jejej.. besos!!

Hello there! I'm new here and asks me to post something for the forum before you can start sending messages here ... this is my presentation jejej .. kisses!

Hi, I am thinking about moving to BCN to live in the next 6 months. While I have been here as a tourist many times  I would like to hear from people who have lived here for a while and share their views of this city. The good , the bad and the ugly.

I am Tina, from Vietnam. I am planning to move to Spain to learn the language and looking for jobs.  I have stayed in the UK for 4 years to study and work. My major is education. I have no idea about what its like in Spain, but sure it must be a beautiful country. I am thinking of Zaragoza as the destination for Spanish course. Please advise me about the quality of teaching and learning here, people, lifestyle and job opportunity in Zaragoza. I am open, straight forward, always smiling and love making new friends but always serious in studying and working. By the way I can do nails. ^-^. Thank you guys. Looking forward to having loads of new friends!

Closed