New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here

Last activity 24 January 2015 by abdelouahed104

Primadonna

Hi Arnold,

Welcome back in the Netherlands.

What brings you back?

Primadonna
Alan88 wrote:

No its not too far away at all, similar sized cities too. I have quite a few questions, would it be ok to send you a PM to talk further?

You can ask your questions here on the forum so others can have benefits as well and maybe they can share their info  or experiences too. If you prefer in private then you can pm me

Primadonna
PtrMaroun wrote:

Hello guys,
It's really nice to see that there is people out there looking to connect as expats from all around the world.

I am Peter, french lebanese, who used to live in Canada. I moved a lot in my life and still didn't get enough of it but i quite
Like Holland.

I am living in the Hague, and plan to stay for at least the next coming years, so let's make the most out of it and connect!!
Cheers... cheers.png

Ahlan wa Sahlan Pete,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands
What brings you to the Netherlands?

Alan88

That's a much better idea!! I'm curious about what it's like moving to a knew country an the hurdles in May encounter also the cost of living and the accommodation in or around Amsterdam?

LauritaSP

I have been offered a job in Rotterdam which I am currently considering.
I don't know much about life in The Netherlands, Rotterdam, and need to find myself somewhere to live, preferably in the outskirts of Rotterdam, as I am not a city person! smile.png
Any information about fully furnished flats/small houses, if possible in a nice village - would be much appreciated.
And it also needs to have good public transportation into Rotterdam, as I won't have a car to begin with...

NorthernStar

Hi Laurita!

I'd like to describe you Rotterdam. Despite its 675000 inhabitants, Rotterdam is a very livable city. There are a lot of green areas and, thanks to the bycicle paths, it isn't so polluted. It doesn't look like the usual metropolis. Villages are nice and they aren't so close each other, so you can distinguish them.

I'd like to suggest you 2 sites, for the house hunting (available also in English):
- www.funda.nl
- www.pararius.com

Trains, buses and so on are very expensive. They're good, (almost) always on time and (almost) always cleaned, but they're so expensive!
So, if I can give you an advice, choose a place near the company, especially if your employer doesn't reimburse your travel expenses. The more you're far from the company, the more you spend.

I hope I didn't annoy you.

Cheers,
Licia

LauritaSP

Dear Licia

Thank you very much for all the information, and you have certainly not annoyed me but rather helped me!
I had no idea that public transportation is SO expensive as you tell me, and was actually looking to rent a place out of the city, and commute to work every day.
I guess I will have to re-consider and maybe - rent something as close as possible to work after all! wink.png

Thanks
Laurie

ArnoldR

Arnold living in the Netherland  just 1 week ago welcome to everyone smile.png

vikram1329

HI
Very interesting post and a frank one. how have you been faring lately? i have been a sales guy and a new place/ market is always inviting and i plan to move to holland. quite excited to hear about your progress thus far!! smile.png

WalterFriedrich

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

kesangsk

Yeah!
I want to move to Netherlands for work.
But I don't know if there is some kind of work that I can do.
So please is there anyone who can help me to find a job in Netherlands?
I am not well educated person but I can do physical works like Agriculture and Fruit picking jobs or animal care taker.
Just let me know if there is any chances to do these things.

NorthernStar

Hi kesangsk!

I'd like to suggest you some websites for you:
- http://www.olympia.nl/
- http://www.creyfs.nl/4680135/Vacatures- … ebied.html
- www.pran.nl
- www.eures.eu
- http://www.ubnuitzendbureau.com/13114/Ik-zoek-werk.html
- www.interactief.com

Good luck,
Licia

Jessebelle

I am filipina Aupair.Currently working in Zurich,Switzerland. I am leaving on 2nd of July and will start a new Host Family in Hilversum. I don't have any filipina friends there,but  I am hoping I can find some by the help of this forum.By the way,I am free to meet up between 5th -19th of July.I am not joining the holiday of new host family,so I would like to explore the city if there is one who can join me.

Looking forward to meet some nice people here!

Jessebelle

Primadonna

Welcome on board to this site Jessebelle  and welcome in the Netherlands once you landed here.

Wish you all the best..

Empa

Hello all,

I am Emz, I am presently living in Manila, Philippines.  I was in Netherlands for a short vacation and I find the language fascinating.  I want to learn it but the cost of studying here in the Philippines is very expensive.  How I wish and I want to know if there is a group that can help each other here in the Philippines, Makati City or Manila City.  Hope to hear from you soon.  Thank you and have a nice day!!!

Primadonna

Hi Empa,
Welcome on board to this site.

Get in touch with the nearest Dutch Embassy, they can provide you with all the information you need.

Good luck!

claire anne

Hello everyone! I am Claire, from Philippines. I will be in The Netherlands this June. As a newbie and a first timer in a European country I would love to learn more about the culture of the country. I hope thru this forum I'd be able to gain new friends and associates thus helping my stay in Netherlands easier and meaningful.

Jessebelle

Hello Claire Anne,

I'll be working there this coming July in Hilversum.I am currently in Switzerland.

Where exactly in Netherlands you'll stay?
I am Flipina aupair smile.png.. If you like,we can meet between July  5-19 in Netherlands.I am free during those days.Feel free to contact me.
Wish you have a great journey in Europe !!!

Cheers,
Jesse

claire anne

Hi Jessebelle,

Nice to hear from you, thank you. Would love to meet you personally, I just have to finalise my schedule and confirm to you base from your given dates. I will be in spending most of the time in Groningen from June 8-July 13, however, I will be going around for some tour. I still have to check how far Hilversum is, but its fine we can find ways.   smile.png

This forum is really helpful, I receive a number of messages already. Thank you!

Irene K M

Hi everyone,

My  name is Irene and I am planning to come over to the Hague in the Netherlands, this September. My husband got a new job at the Hague, so together with our two children, we shall relocate to the Netherlands. I am Ugandan and I am really interested in making new friends over there. That is why I have joined the forum, even though I have not yet actually travelled over there. I love Music, watching Movies, reading books and any christian activities.

Irene K M

Hi Shabaxxy,

It's nice to meet you. My name is Irene and I am also Ugandan. I have been living in Arusha Tanzania at the moment with my husband and children, but in September, we shall all be relocating to the Hague, because my  husband got a new job over there. In which city is your university. I would be interested in  meeting up, once I arrive in the Netherlands.

Lolly123

Hi there,

My name is Larraine originally from Cape Town South Africa living in Utrecht, The Netherlands.

In the month of August I will be starting an English Scrabble Club at my residence.

All those who are interested in joining in or wanting to just play once in a while can contact me
by mailing me here.
All levels are welcome.

Cheers
Larraine

worldaid

thanks

Imker

Hi everybody,

I am new in the netherlands, live in Rotterdam! originally I come from Austria..

I really would like it to meet some other expats to share experiences, have a coffee, etc. just to do some common activities together  smile.png

Verena  heart.png

NorthernStar

Hi Verena... I am from Rotterdam too smile.png Welcome to Rotterdam.. I sent you a PM.. Please check..

Daniel35

Hi all,

I'm Daniel, already living here (Waalwijk) for 14 month.
Nice country and people, generally. Difficult language (at least for me) and difficult to make friends. That's the reason for me to be here.

Best,

isuzu

Hi Lolly123

I am Faizel from Cape Town.I am seriuosly wanting to find employment abroad.please could you assist in directing me to either a agency or contact.THERE ARE SO MANY SCAMS GOING AROUND.Your assistance would be appreciated.

sonyag0403

[Moderated: pls post in housing section]

Violettedl

Hi,
My name is Violette.
I got admitted this week in the Theater Academie of Maastricht.
School starts by the end of August. I am 18.
I am looking for a place to stay in Maastricht during the week.

Greetings
Violette

Primadonna

HI Violette,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands once you landed here.
Did you already checked the housing section? It's in the green banner above the page.
You can put an add as well.

This can help you.

Good luck with your searching!

schlimmdue

Hi everyone,
I moved to Rotterdam in April and would love to meet some people! I am a US expat from Boston, always busy with work, but looking to socialize over drinks, games, sports, traveling etc. Looking forward to meeting people from all over the world :-)

Sarah

Primadonna

Hi Sarah,

Welcome on board to this site.

To organize a meeting it can be useful to give some options about place, time and date...

Bumanlil

Hi there

I had just moved to this country 4 months ago due to work
Born and grow up in Indonesia.
Rgds
Liky

Primadonna

HI Liky,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands,
What kind of work do you do?

hi.there2

Hi,
I will visit the Netherlands this week and stay for 3 weeks, will visit utrecht, Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

looking forward to meet new people in these busy days.. Like  social talk's with a drinks and bites

me is 174, slim, dark hair, blue eyes.

like to meet have fun ? I would like to invite you

regards, luc

Primadonna

Welcome on board Luc and have a wonderful stay in the Netherlands.

NorthernStar

Hi everyone!

I've recently returned from living abroad in Asia and jaunting about the globe the last 2 years, but had the opportunity to squeeze in a couple of visits to Amsterdam in the past year. Needless to say, I fell in love with the city and am looking to relocate there as soon as possible.

The only kicker; I'm an American and therefore require the elusive Dutch work visa. Unfortunately, I'm not bilingual at this point. However, I can offer expertise in product management and development (particularly in the natural/eco consumer goods category) and also a background in teaching English as a foreign language (TESOL certified) - though I'm not looking for teaching jobs at the moment.

I'm here looking to make some connections in hopes of joining all you fine folks in Amsterdam! If you have any suggestions regarding employment placement for non-EU passport holders, please do let me know!  big_smile.png

Amy

Llryan1963

I am a United States citizen.  I hold a work permit here in The Netherlands.  I am learning Dutch slowly but surely.  I have been living here for the past eight months, and plan to live here permanently.  Thank you very much.

Laura

akvadrako

Hi everybody who actually reads all the introductions smile.png I'm Devin - I'm a computer programmer who has been living in Amsterdam for 4 years. I do a fair amount of meetup-type things but I'm always happy to find new companions and I just stumbled across this website which doesn't look have bad.

So I'm open for coffee or going to some interesting event around the city with new people - just drop me a private message.

Cheers ~ Devin

Llryan1963

I'm not nearby - about 3 hours by bus and train in Barger-Compasccum, but it's nice to find fellow Americans living here.  I DO have a permit to work here, so if you have any hints, please let me know.

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Netherlands

All of the Netherlands's guide articles