New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here

as i understand, being the father of a sushi and tepan chef... in the tourist areas east of PP you can prepare sushi for a very substantial income.

Hello, I will be visiting Cambodia in 2 weeks time with Nigerian passport for business purpose. I would like to know the possibility of visiting Vietnam and Laos via land boarder since I overheard they are close by for other business contacts. Thanks

Hi everyone , I am moving to Phnom Penh next week for 1 year so if someone want to have a drink , please contact me  :D

hey im mike and i need a friend really badly.
i'm from canada
montreal actually,
im disabled from a military accident and im choosing to devote the rest of my life to volunteering my time to those in need in cambodia, will you please please be my first friend and show me the ropes when i get down there> ??
would that be a possibility>?
you can email me anytime: michaelseanpinchuk@gmail.com
thank you so much for your time! and i hope we can be friends im totally harmless and an animal lover :)
let me know if you think we could meet up for a drink once i get there!

hey my name is mike, im also moving to cambodia in feb, maybe we can meet up and figure out how to start something. I want to volunteer but ill need to make cash to sustain myself. i owned a very successful alcohol delivery business in montreal left that to join the french foreign legion where i was badly injured. now im in a wheelchair but i have a great business mind. My email address is michaelseanpinchuk@gmail.com and i could use a friend as well not only a business partner considering the fact that you even want a business partner... let me know what your plans are at the least maybe we can be friends and have each others backs in a 3rd world country!
i have ideas
email me and we could talk discuss plan and maybe hangout!
let me know if your interested
best regards
mike

i cant wait to get there and have a drink with you! im travelling with my puppy and my wheelchair, i sure could use a friend once im down there!
please email me and let me know if we can be friends? im mike, from montreal canada and im moving to volunteer my time to the countless woman and children who need our help.
hit me up!!  im harmless trust me
michaelseanpinchuk@gmail.com
i just feel like because im white and in a wheelchair im afraid to be a target you know?
maybe i need not to fear, theres a lot i need to learn. Will you be my friend? i expect to be there by feb2!
thank you for your time! its very appreciated!
best regards
mike

je parle francais aussi, c pourrit j'vien de quebec mais je parle francais alors nous some des cousin!!! :)

@ MichaelSean84 > Would be best if you can keep it in english on this english speaking forum please .:)

Thanks

Priscilla

I just wanted to say thank you ever so much for that sweet warm intro to this thread. My name is Michael Pinchuk. March 07 2013, I was a passenger in a car, sitting in the back seat, when we got hit head on by a drunk driver. How im still alive? I have no idea.
Since the accident, i've been prescribed every single drug that there is. 
3 provinces of canada, and one state in the beautiful lone star state later, and i have had an awakening.
Fact is i keep getting worse.
i used to be involved, i had a great life, i "thought" i was happy for i owned and ran a company that would deliver you a max of ten beers after 3am. (thats when bars close in canada, and to be honest for a lot of people once the party starts, no one wants it to end. So i made a very good living, i supported my wife who waas my girlfriend at the time, along with my brother and my room mate who was to say the least the bestest friend that i had ever had(besides the one that died 10years ago in an electrical fire in my house. AGAIN i made it out and no one else did.
I never knew why i was being saved, in every situation by the skin of my teeth, i ALWAYS made it out.
This last injury has woken me up.
I'm throwing away this rat race of a life in north america. I'm replacing it with helping people.
I have officially made the choice to leave.
Leave for another world, another life. 
I have been very depressed lately, like I can't get out of bed because of pain and depression. It has been getting worse as the days pass.
Someone (no one will say who) but someone in my family sent the police here    to try and convince me that im crazy and i need to be in a mental institution. That since the accident, i am just not able to care for myself.  I very politely asked if they had a warrant, they did not, when i told them i knew my civil rights, they left right away with a smile on their faces. BUT that was the  boiling point.
I live in calgary but was brought up in montreal. I found out the call came from mtl and i knew there was only one person with my address.
I will not name names because im loyal, even to the one that try and  mess with me for no reason. I was raised in a hellish court battle between my mother and father. My father comes from a family that has more then enough money but i have not spoken with my father since i was 22. My (stepmother) gave him an ultimatum your kid, or me. My father chose the tall blonde over his blood.
My mother had a pedo father and has the worst torturous up bringing  that you could ever even imagine. So needless to say, my mother has some very deep rooted psychological problems.
back to my point
i have been enlightened. Injured or not, I will be travelling to cambodia (with my doggy) to devote myself and my time to helping others,
if thats woman and children or boys and men who need to be deterred from the drug and sex trade...
i just feel like cambodia is the spot because there is no quarantine for my pup.
I would love to meet anyone who wants to meet me, and show me the ropes. I feel like, being handicapped and all, i feel like a big target. I PRAY that this is not true, but studies show that people prey on the weak, as animals do, its in our genetic code unfortunately BUT fortunately there are some very good people that are still out there. I really hope that someone reaches out to me, not only to be my much needed friend, but also to point me in the proper direction.
I heard that with no direction you could get caught up in the cg=heap lifestyle of hanging out at the beach just having smoked raw opium in order to ease the pain of the accident.
I hope no one judges, i live with unimaginable pain. BUT im going to get off my ass and get to a place that might hopefully needs me,
i feel that all i am here is a burdon on my loved ones.
I hope to meet some of you and really become friends with some of you, and hey maybe even volunteer our time to a good noble cause.
again my name is mike and if anyone would ever like to reach me feel free to email me at mseightyfour@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time, those who have read what i have to say, i hope i introduced myself appropriately. To all, have a wonderful night and i hope to see you soon
who ever you might be
again, im mike and thank you for letting me share

sorry, what i said was hello i speak french as well. i understand your the mod and your doing your job but i promise there was no disrespect, i was only trying to connect with people i might have something in common with. Be assured it wont happen again. you have my word.

please feel free to delete the post if it is deemed not appropriate

Thank you for your very informative post.
Whilst I sympathize with you and can see that you life has not been a bed of roses, may I suggest that you think long and hard about your plan to come over to Cambodia. 
I say this because, as you said, you may well be taken advantage of. 

It is your decision as to what your wish to do but please think long and hard before you make that decision.

are you implying that its not safe? im travelling with my pitbull. no one dares to f**** with me when shes around. very protective. are you stating that i make a very easy target? im tattooed from head to toe and i did 2 years at rikers island. i grew up in a military family as well. what is the weapon situation there, are you by law allowed to arm yourself? if so is it easy to get what you need in order to stay safe im taling like a little 22 or a 38snub? i would love to know!

@ MichaelSean84 > It seems that you have a lot of questions to ask here.

Therefore, i will advise you to post all your questions on the thread that you have created here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=428165 as you are off topic on this discussion.

Do note that the topic New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here has been created for the introduction of the new members only.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Michael, I have read your posts with interest. I too have had a lot of bed things happen to me in England, two failed marriages and a job that has become unbearable. Needless to say I have had enough of this country and have been looking at thailand, until I found out how hard and expensive it now is, also with regards to the visa situation?

I have now decided on Cambodia as it is a lot cheaper than some parts of Thailand and it's so easy to get a long term visa as the Cambodian people are very welcoming a need western currency to build there economy. I too have suffered from depression and unless you have suffered from it yourself it is hard to understand people that have or do? and it scares a lot of people. I am 53 and not making the move for the same reasons as yourself, I just want to be in a place where you don't have the day to day bull we have in the west. I'm not sure when it is I will be making the move as I have to sell one of my properties, but it will be sometime in 2015. I admire you for your strength and hope you will not let anyone put you off your quest, as you are an insperation to all of use.

I wish you well, where there's a will there is a way? I hope to see you one one day happy and content.

Best wishes

Chris

Oh and I just wanted to say that there is no where in the world that is safe, there are always no go areas where ever you live in the world, you only need to apply common sense, but even with the best plans sh*t happens...?

Chris

thank you SO much chris, yourr words come very much appreciated! and dont worry, im out of here. the west is poison and i really want to be one with nature. I'm so ultra sick of the west, i care not for money but i care a lot for inner peace. You are very lucky you can go retire there. I'm going to have to find a way to survive. I have people who will help me at first but then ill be on my own in a strange country trying to make ends meat, i pray my problems dont follow me to cambodia, i refuse to let them get to me, i am leaving behind my family to do this, and after the holidays, i can make money in LA for xmas and NYC for new years eve, i have some dj work out here, a contract that i must finish, then im out. I thought the music business was about music, turns out if you want the big bucks you have to do things that would go against any good mans conscience if you know what i mean. Maybe when you get there i can clean your flat for some extra cash. i dont know why im saying that, i make a good living here spinning music, but i just feel like my environment is poison. I think i rather be in the real jungle then the concrete jungle if you know what i mean. Who knows maybe we can start up a bar or club over there so at least we can generate some income, unless your set to retire and your going there to spend the rest of your days by the beach, thats a different story. I have already been offered a job that pays close to nothing but its a DJ radio job, its what i do. i just hope its enough to survive, hopefully i can find some clubs to dj in. HOPEFULLY im praying every night chris, i really hope that my nightmare will be over once i get away from the toxic west. When were you planning on going? i was thinking feb maybe end of january, i really want to make as much as i can, i dont think ill be going there with more then a few hundred bucks and ill get my family to send me 100 here 100 there. I really cant wait to get out there, i think its like -20 degrees outside, i just can not take weather like this, who can! when it gets real cold here it reaches -40 with the wind, you die if you stay outside.
in my books, thats hell on earth im ready for 40degrees every single day!! thank you for your time  and your kind words! i wish you great luck in selling what you have to!  and just to let you know about no where being safe? come check out vancouver island. the ost dangerous thing there is idiot drunk drivers! other then that its heaven over there, but no good jobs, gorgeous though, ill retire there MAYBE if i get fed up of asia and want to come home, the only place that i find is NOT toxic in america is vancouver island. its just breathtaking you could see wales just pass by you otters eating, like real rain forest. im a city boy but i think im done being a city boy, my job offer is at a radio station in sihanoukville im not sure how to spell it but hey its an offer that i wont refuse! pls feel free to contact me anytime!

anybody know whats up with the gun laws in cambodia? mseightyfour@gmail.com id love to know if you can conceal for protection as i might be a target being a gimp now and all

hey chris if you start a bar or club ive been in the business for 15 years... im your man to manage the place and make sure NO ONE has sticky fingers if you know what i mean

Hi Michael, I will still have to make a bit of an income, even though I will have a bit of rent from my other property. I would love to own a bar, however the research I have done tells me that is not a very good idea because of the seasonal thing and places like Phnom Penh are saturated with bars and restaurants, so because I am thinking of Kep, Kampong, sihanoukville, It would not be an option as there are not enough tourists at the moment. I'm sure that we maybe able to help each other at some point as we all need friends and I'm hoping to make a few on my journey?

Foregot to say that I think it will be around April-May time? and you can't own a gun unless you have citizenship..

FOR SURE
with all the new strict laws in thailand
ppl from all over asia are going to cambodia now
its the vegas of asia
anything goes
sihanoukville is where i would start for sure!
tons of land, so many tourists cause cruise ships harbour there now,
it was war torn but its making a comeback in a huge way
buying in now would be like taking microsoft in the 90's!

I hear ya, there is a guy in Kampot who says that he was loosing $85 a day running a bar and in total he lost $80,000.

that is a lot of money to lose holy shit!

Yeah, I should have enough income to live on until I find something to do...

Hi Ron,

Here is guy from Siem Reap. Let catch up if you plan to be here sometime.

Joe,

ballpark figure how much are you going with more or less 10g's?

more....

oh man you'll be good for years in cambodia! you can live like a king over there with like 50g's for the rest of your life
here in america 50g's gets you nothing, you'll be the king of cambodia
im finishing up my contract jan1st in NYC nye, then im free so i hope do find a good radio gig or dj gig somewhere, i heard there are tuns of strip clubs maybe i could dj at a club or something cause im going with like max 2g's, but i have my wife working to send money on a weekly basis so im not travelling with a lot of cash. I suggest you make yourself look poor when you get there or you'll be a target brother

Hello MichaelSean84
Been reading your posts and hope everything works out as you want.   But Cambodia is not wheel chair friendly.   For the most part the sidewalks are blocked, the roadsides are full of potholes and motos, the buildings have steep narrow stairs.  Cambodia is a great place but there  are toxins here too and back home you at least know them.   Just my own personal thought, I would not relocate to Cambodia with only 2g especially since things will be more difficult and expensive for you in a wheel chair.   If I were you I would work a little longer and do what you need to do to accumulate a bit more before you relocate.   You don't need to travel with a lot of cash, ATMs work fine here or you can open a bank account here and have your family wire you funds or use Western Union.  Some expats from the U.S. use Schwab bank, since they reimburse ATM fees.   There are some schools where you can volunteer and teach English, but they will charge you $250 a month for room and board, again, nothing wheel chair friendly.   I am sorry for having to tell you all of this, but you need to know, and really think it trough before you relocate.    Cambodia is a great place, but if I were you I would try to at least make a plan on where to stay and what to do before you come.   Or work a bit longer to accumulate more money.   More money will give you more options.    Just my thoughts.   Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

Yeah, I'm going to live on a buget atleast until I get my feet, because there is no going back for me even though I have that option. You never know it could be the start of the rest of my life and may even find a nice kind lady?

Hi

thyever wrote:

Hi

Hi and welcome

As a new member please introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about yourself.

For security reasons please do not post personal contact details like phone numbers or email addresses on an open forum

Plese also read the terms and conditions of this forum which are at the bottom of the page.

......... edited

deb blankets wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to visit for 3 months March to May 2015 and live in Siem Reap. Travelling alone. Would like to volunteer Looking for accommodation where i can meet other people and also a worthwhile project to help out in while there.

Deb

Hello Deb, I am in Siem Reap, 8 Mos already this year.  If you want to Volunteer, I have a particular school in mind that is a bit of a pet project for me.  If you want, send me a PM for some more info.  Good Luck with your planning.

Hello, did you make it yet to Cambodia?  If you arrive in Siem Reap, please feel welcome to visit our Brand new Portuguese Restaurant, we hope to open this week.   You can find us on Facebook if you search Casa Porto Siem Reap

Oh, and BTW everyone, I am AJ, I have been in Siem Reap for about 8 mos. now this year, and I am from Canada.  Always happy to help out with what I know, and always eager to learn new things also.  Nice to read other pal's intros. Hello and Welcome also.

2NORTEADOS wrote:

Hello expats!

We are a portuguese couple and we have been traveling for 2 months with  2 motorbike across Vietnam. We want to continue our trip and go to Laos and Cambodia, but we have heard conflicting information about the input and output of motorcycles (Vietnamese).

We would like to know if we can cross the border from Vietnam to Laos and Laos to Cambodia without problems?Alternatively, following Vietnam to Cambodia and cross the border to Laos (and eventually across the border to Thailand always with the Vietnamese bikes) would also be an option to consider.

Thanks for your help!

Nuno and Ana

2norteados[at]gmail.com

Hi everybody,

This is to inform you that this thread has been created for the introduction of the new members only.

Therefore i will advise you to create a new thread if you have some questions to ask or if you wish to debate on a particular topic ( topic which matches to our criteria ).

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Just arrived in Phnom Pehn tonight! It's my second time thoigh, spent a year teaching. I had a great time, but little bit lonely at times cause I had noone to talk to.
Will be here for the next 6months or more, hope I'll make some friends this time.

Hi,

I am in Cambodia since 2008 working on railway rehabilitation and then working for RMA trading company. I ran many businesses from Ford show room in Siem reap, developing agriculture with mechanization, and new technologies.
Happy to live in Cambodia and now installing water treatment in rural areas as operations director for the NGO Teuk Saat 1001. I am also very implicated with women entrepreneurs in Cambodia.

I know well the country if any one need information.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Domi

Is there any employment opportunities for me in Cambodia. I am hard working and am willing to help in anyway I can. So I can come and live in Phonm Penh.
     Steve.

Closed