How to find a job in Sri Lanka

Hi,

Are you an expat living in Sri Lanka? Let's share your experience! 

What is the best way to find a job in Sri Lanka?

The Internet? Please tell us which are the most useful / effective websites for job seekers in Sri Lanka.

Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?

Newspapers? Which ones?

organizations?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I would say there are several ways of finding a job in Sri lanka. First of all through the weekly newspapers. Not all of them. Mainly the Sunday Observer or Sunday Times. Plus through the Internet you can check out www.topjobs.lk

agree with wisetalk.. but it really depend on the sort of job you are looking for... i mean the salaries are very low over here if you are just looking for an odd job

I am planning to move to Sri Lanka next month.
Many people said the salary is very low,but may i know the average salary number?
Thanks!

At present i'm living in UAE. planning to relocate to Srilanka. how is job market there? i'm trying to find out a job with a good salary in admin post. later i want to get my husband & kids too to the place. how is living cost there? how soon we can expect a good job there? pls advice.

Living expenses depend on the place where u picked to stay if u plan to stay in Colombo apartments or city limit it will be around 100-300us$ , to be frankly compare to Dubai n them sri lanka is not so good with salary for foreign workers. also its not that easy to find job and get visa unless you plan to get a job from a company under BOI( board of investment)

hello
I am French and I am looking for a job in sri lanka. in this way, i would to writ to the alliance française, but the e-mail indicated on their site doesnt work. Somebody can help me please ?

hello

There are many NGOs and Malti national companies in Sri lankan.Lots of foreign investors are running dare business here .Since the war is over there is a high chance of economy booming in sri lanka.

First you guys slept into Sri Lanka.Then its not a big deal to find a job.

its true when compared to having a job in the middle east vs having a job here the pay is pea nuts but you do have some companies that offer good pay, and Sri lanka is also seeing some work at home companies starting up so you can even do a part time job in your free time right from home.

Not forgetting in Sri lanka you get the holidays :-)

Hola, me gustaria encontrar personas que hablen español o quieran perfeccionarlo. yo quiero perfeccionar ingles.
saludos

Hi Benjamin! Could you please post in the Sri Lanka classifieds > job section. Thank you!

Hola, me encantaría mejorar mi español con usted y en el ínterin que definitivamente puede ayudar a mejorar tu Inglés. Sería bueno conocer a los demás. Esperamos hablar con usted
¡Salud!
Sean

Hello Sean :)

Here, you are in the Anglophone forum.

Your message would fit better under the Spanish forum.

Thanks

Hello Sheetul! :)
Thanks for your message, I appreciate it nonetheless, if I may refer to the post, it was only responding to the member: 'rmaria's post of course again in Spanish in the same forum if you may have noticed, just few lines above my post and for your information it only corresponds to same. But hey, thanks anyways.. Have a lovely day!
Cheers!

Sean

Log on to jobster.lk! A cool site :)

if you are looking for jobs online, id rather recommend www.jobsite.lk simple website with advanced features.

:-)

I've been on this quest many times and have ended up browsing through hundreds of sites that waste so much of time! But I was doing some research and guess what I found - a job search engine :D

It's worth a look - www.owl.lk

Made my life a whole lot easier ;)