Menu
Expat.com

Expats meeting and bowling event on Friday 22nd August 2014

Last activity 22 October 2014 by Ommar96

makiboi90

I am also interested. Thru this, I might meet a lot of friends. But i dont know how will i be able to join. I dont have any transpo. 😫😫

AJ-036......",)

Anywhere in jeddah.. I'm in..

mountaineer8888

@popsicle51012, zeyad, mohd86, makiboi90, aj036 - all are welcome to join in

More the Merrier

mountaineer8888

FINAL DETAILS

Date 22nd August , Friday
Venue IN20SO bowling center , Serafi Mega Mall, 3rd Floor
Opposite IKEA, Tahlia Street, Jeddah
Meeting time 5pm near the main cash counter
Map link - https://www.google.com.sa/maps/place/Se … e1e133c666

Ive sent my contact number by pm to all who have posted here just in case

Looking forward to seeing you all

gnahle

Hi
will be attending and looking forward to meet Expats
Bowling,,,,,May be?...

amjusthere

What is the time guys, it's just posted on 22 August?

makiboi90

5pm

mohd86

Sorry guys, it seems can't join you this time! Have fun and enjoy tonight 👍

presidconsult

Folks -  Hope you all have a great meet up. Will join you in upcoming events. Best,

soobs2

I guess I just missed it! I would love to come around if there's a second time with my wife! Is this a couples only event?

mountaineer8888

We had an evening well spent with good game of bowling and meeting new friends.

Special appreciation to Aman who came from KAUST to Jeddah for this meet up.

jinkz

Hi guys!

How was the meeting and bowling event yesterday?

Ehtesham
mountaineer8888 wrote:

We had an evening well spent with good game of bowling and meeting new friends.

Special appreciation to Aman who came from KAUST to Jeddah for this meet up.

Fine job mountaineer8888. Could you pls share the name of members who attend the event yesterday.

mountaineer8888

Following friends were there yesterday - makiboi90, popsicle51012 and her friend, Zeyad_j, Aman11022,
Ehtesham, Shaadi and myself mountaineer8888

clémentsd

The meeting was successful overall. I wouldn't hesitate to come again from KAUST for the coming meet ups. However, there is still room for improvements. Some people didn't show up at all. Some showed up when we left  yikes.png

For the sake of improving these kind of meetings, Jeddah locals have to brain storm what are the suitable places and activities in Jeddah for both genders.

okay, let's start this  hmm.png

hamudi

Good job OP...

mohd86

Hello all, hope you guys had fun and sorry I couldn't join. But will do my best next time wink.png

And thanks to @mountaineer8888 for his effort and arranging the event

popsicle51012

it was a good experience.. me and my friend had fun.. I hope more expats will join us on the next event especially females.... and in a better venue, God willing smile.png  nice meeting u all guys smile.png

yasinyehya

Wow! Good job with organizing this meet up. Usually never works out. I'm glad people actually showed up. Hopefully i'll be able to join you guys the next time something comes up.

I think some one should host a Whatsapp group so that every one gets instant updates when the event is happening, especially the circumstances here in Jeddah is pretty unpredictable. When i read the post I was afraid that the guys wouldn't be allowed in to the mall on a Friday.

Well, keep up the good work. And count me in, if there's a plan coming up soon.

Cheers!

hamudi
yasinyehya wrote:

I think some one should host a Whatsapp group so that every one gets instant updates when the event is happening, especially the circumstances here in Jeddah is pretty unpredictable.

Best way to get phone numbers of a particular gender:D....whatsapp big_smile.png

But yea, good idea smile.png

Kudos

yasinyehya

Haha, I wasn't really considering that. But since you mentioned, now I'm having evil thoughts  big_smile.png
But, seriously, I've been active in CS, but nothing really happens when it comes to organising anything. All the main details and stuff can be posted here an the live updates can be published on the what's app group.

mountaineer8888

It is quite a task organizing event by one self and at the end we are not sure if all who have confirmed will
attend or not.
how about if we can make a event organizing team who can plan what events are feasible in Jeddah
and then post the event here for the other members ?

yasinyehya

Well, to start with , I suggest keep it small. Like the ones you had last week. Once we get to know the circle well, I think we could go big like scuba diving and activities like that . EVEN ROAD TRIPS   smile.png
Will any one volunteer to host the what's app group? Or should I do that?

Ehtesham

How about beginning with laser tag event in Serafi?

hamudi
Ehtesham wrote:

How about beginning with laser tag event in Serafi?

Challenge Accepted...I will invite Barney Stinson too...

Djzubaid

Man,you guys are having a blast there,what the heck happened to we peeps of riyadh.  mad.png

hamudi
Djzubaid wrote:

Man,you guys are having a blast there,what the heck happened to we peeps of riyadh.  mad.png

The word blast can be taken into many inappropriate context big_smile.png

clémentsd

it was very nice

JasfurJQ

oh shoot, i missed another group session.....anyway happy to hear that few came but had fun.....next time ok.....

amjusthere

Anyone up for bowling this weekend big_smile.png

JasfurJQ

im not good but i do play.......are you inviting for singles or all categoriesss......hihihih

Ehtesham
amjusthere wrote:

Anyone up for bowling this weekend big_smile.png

not this week sorry but I will be available next week

Ommar96

So isn't there any other activity only bowling??

Articles to help you in your expat project in Jeddah

• Accommodation in Jeddah
    Accommodation in Jeddah

Jeddah is often dubbed the 'New York' of Saudi Arabia. It is heavily populated, hosting the most diverse ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia
    Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia can be a challenging destination for women. As a strict Islamic country, Saudi Arabia imposes a lot ...

• Driving in Saudi Arabia
    Driving in Saudi Arabia

Driving in Saudi Arabia is the easiest and most convenient way to get around. That being said, expats in Saudi ...

• Getting married in Saudi Arabia
    Getting married in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is a country that holds marriage and family as one of its core values. It is a privilege to get ...

• Accommodation in Dammam
    Accommodation in Dammam

Dammam is the capital city of the Eastern Province, which is made up of smaller cities that, together, form the ...

• Accommodation in Yanbu
    Accommodation in Yanbu

Overlooking the Red Sea, Yanbu is deemed to be Saudi Arabia's second industrial city after Jubail, which is ...

• Accommodation in Khobar
    Accommodation in Khobar

Khobar is the metropolitan city of the Eastern Province. It is widely recognized as the happy medium between ...

All of Jeddah's guide articles