Menu
Expat.com

any British Beauty & Massage Therapists out there??!!!

Last activity 26 August 2010 by chicadeb

chicadeb

Hi,

I am a fully qualified Beauty & Massage Therapist with ITEC & VTCT qualifications and will be moving to Toronto in September.  I am looking into the validity of my qualifications with the CMTO (College of Massage Therapists of Ontario) and from the information I've found so far, it looks like there will be assessments and exams involved, as well as a considerable amount of money.  Has anyone else had experience of this process?  Would love to hear from anyone that has.

Many thanks

Debbie

annemie

hello there...
i am a South African Therapist wanting to work in Canada...
I have ITEC anatomy, Btec Higher Nationals Level 5, SAASHP and CIDESCO...do you think i will have to do an exam as well, or can I just go and work there???

chicadeb

Hi Annemie,

I'm afraid I don't know if you'll have to sit any exams or not.  Have a look at this link.  It's from the College of Massage Therapists for Ontario.  Their site explains the steps you have to take to see if you can be a registered therapist.  If you're going to live in another province, then you could look on the internet for a similar association.  They should be able to tell you if you need any further study or not.

cmto.com/

Good luck!

Debbie

Articles to help you in your expat project in Toronto

• Studying in Toronto
    Studying in Toronto

Toronto, the biggest city in Canada, is famous for its diversity and multiculturalism. Over 160 languages are ...

• Student life in Toronto
    Student life in Toronto

Enrolling in a university in Toronto places you right in the heart of one of the world's most dynamic and ...

• French schools in Canada
    French schools in Canada

Canadian French schools have earned a strong reputation. As per the France Canada Culture website, these schools ...

• Information to study in Canada
    Information to study in Canada

International study in Canada is an attractive prospect for foreign students, as they can gain the benefit of ...

• Study in Canada
    Study in Canada

Looking forward to study in Canada? Find all that you need to know about relating formalities in this article.

• Working in Toronto
    Working in Toronto

Toronto, the capital of Ontario, stands as Canada's largest city and one of the biggest in North America. ...

• Accommodation in Toronto
    Accommodation in Toronto

Securing a place to stay in Toronto might be one of your top priorities when relocating to Toronto, regardless of ...

• Toronto's neighborhoods
    Toronto's neighborhoods

Due to Toronto's rich diversity, you'll find that each neighborhood has its own distinct characteristics, ...

All of Toronto's guide articles