Menu
Expat.com

Schools in Luanda

Last activity 31 October 2010 by kidspaceluanda.com

expat.com

Hi everybody smile.png

Could you tell us about the different schooling possibilities in Luanda?

Are there nurseries in Luanda (national/international)?

Which national and international schools are established in Luanda (primary, secondary, high school, universities)?

Thanks a bunch for your participation smile.png

leroyswart

Well there really are only 2 schools I know off which excepts expat kids. One is in the Luanda city center and the other is in Tala Tona which is +-30km away from the city in the better area where most expats dream to live. The one in the city is called Escola and website escolaangola.org and LIS in Tala Tona lisluanda.com. There are no nursery schools for very small children, you will have to look after babies and small children of up to 3 years yourself or find help, please not local help since they are just not prepared to look after your child, believe me. I am a stay at home Dad who looks after my daughter and soon to be born boy, have tried a few local people for that and they just don't want to.

Both LIS and Escola start the school year from 3 years and older. Angola's high school only go to grade 8 or when the child should become 15 years old and then you have to send them out of the country to finish their school somewhere else, its just the way it is here unfortunately. There are no universities for xpats, they are building very nice universities for local people however, but I don't know if they will except xpats, again the best option is to study correspondence and then arrange exams with any of the embassies or schools here that are willing to assist you.

The 2 schools I have mentioned are both English schools which helps allot for xpats, please bear in mind that schooling here costs a fortune, for my 4 year old daughter a semester of 3 months costs $17000 American dollars to cancel any uncertainty about which currency. Luckily we don't pay this, but the employer does. Luanda is now officially the most expensive City in the world to live in.

Sheetul

Hi Leroyswart!

I have to admit that you always come up with such well researched piece of information... thanks again for your contribution.

Regards
Sheetul.

kidspaceluanda.com

(moderated: no free ads please)

Articles to help you in your expat project in Luanda

• About Angola
    About Angola

Angola is in Southern Africa and borders the South Atlantic Ocean on its west side. The landscape of Angola is ...

All of Luanda's guide articles