Menu
Expat.com

Going to Melbourne Australia, need help regarding accomodation

Last activity 05 March 2015 by stumpy

Mishra Shalini

Hello everyone,

I have received a fellowship from Australian education ministry and to avail the same I need to fly to Melbourne Australia in June, 2015 and will be staying there for 6 months. I am going alone and the Institute is not providing accommodation so I need to arrange for the same.  I was just wondering if there are Indian communities who provide rooms/as paying guest so that I may contact them and arrange for my stay in advance. Alternatively I may also prefer some reasonable flats which may be in sharing/separate with some Indian female. Please help me regarding this if you any information, or any thing else you may suggest in my condition.

Thank you so much

Shalini

Advisor21

Hi Shalini -

Melbourne Australia is home to many Indians, and I think you will feel quite at home there.

I would suggest you do a basic google search to find information regarding Indian communities and any associated accommodation -- I know there are sites dedicated to this, but I don't know of them offhand.

Regards,

stumpy

@Mishra

Try this website www.everythingindian.org   or as Advisor21 has stated a Google search.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Melbourne

• Finding accommodation in Melbourne
    Finding accommodation in Melbourne

Accommodation in Melbourne can be expensive, both for renters and buyers but with a bit of research, you can end ...

• Melbourne's neighbourhoods
    Melbourne's neighbourhoods

Melbourne's Neighborhoods Melbourne is a great city with a multitude of beautiful neighborhoods to live ...

• Buying property in Melbourne
    Buying property in Melbourne

There is no denying that Melbourne is an expensive city, especially to buy. Melbourne is now one of the ten ...

• Finding accommodation in Australia
    Finding accommodation in Australia

There are many types of flats, rentals, and houses in Australia, ranging from modern units to more traditional ...

• Buying property in Australia
    Buying property in Australia

If you're planning a long-term or permanent move to Australia, purchasing property may be something you ...

• Finding work in Melbourne
    Finding work in Melbourne

Melbourne or Naarm is Australia's second-largest city, after Sydney, and is actually on track to grow even ...

• Study in Melbourne
    Study in Melbourne

Melbourne has most of what makes the Australian lifestyle so appealing – beautiful beaches, a Mediterranean ...

• Discover Melbourne
    Discover Melbourne

The vibrancy and excitement of Melbourne resonates through its arts, food, and creative scene. Melbourne's ...

All of Melbourne's guide articles