Australian tax

Hi, this is Zoe, I am an Australian now living in Melbourne. I applied for a medical IT position in the Middle East and they are offering tax-free 100,000AU$ a year, free accomodation and utilities allowance. I know that I still need to pay full income tax when I bring this money in Australia. This will mean there will be no tax advantage at all. Are there any Australians that can advice me if there are any legal ways to avoid this tax? If you are leaving your country for 3 years, it would be fair to have some advantages! Thanks heaps everyone, I will greatly appreciate any advice.

sorry, Im clueless.

hopefuly someone who knows can reply.

Hello Zeyneptalu!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

It might be useful to check out under Network- Australian expatriates in Saudi Arabia. You could interact with your fellow countrymen currently living in Saudi Arabia and ask them for more info.

Regards,
Sheetul

Merci beaucoup my friend, it is sooo hard to find networks like this. Cheers. zeynep

To avoid Australian income tax you need to qualify as a non-resident. The Tax Office website has clear information on the criteria, including an online quiz to see if you would qualify. If you're leaving for three years maybe you can, but they did make it harder a couple of years ago.

yes i tried that tool and it all depends on the sentimental question "where is your home country"...thanks mate.