Menu
Expat.com

Are civil engineering jobs available in malaysia?

Last activity 28 March 2015 by monir30709

monir30709

I am a civil engineer. I worked in the middle east, bngladesh,canada. Now i want to work in malaysia. Do anyone know about hiring companies? Should i come on visit visa or wait for a job offer. Is it realistic to have a job offer before coming physically? Any idea please.

Gravitas

Definitely dont come on a visit visa and try and find a job. Its a complicated job market here. By that I mean there is cheap and qualified labour available from within the foreign worker sector (i.e. surrounding countries which have lower wage structures).

Test the waters first by say looking at jobs in major newspapers (staronline) and see the requirements they want, and make some email approaches to major employers in the industry. MNCs with a Malaysian Office are the best ones to approach. You could check out the MRT construction website (http://www.mymrt.com.my/en/careers)

Gravitas

I guess people know about Spring Professional for Engineering and IT jobs?

http://www.springasia.com/engineering-j … -jobs.aspx

monir30709

many thanks gravitas for ur information.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malaysia

• Setting up a business in Malaysia
    Setting up a business in Malaysia

As the commercial and financial center of Southeast Asia, Malaysia attracts foreign investors from all over the ...

• Finding work in Johor Baharu
    Finding work in Johor Baharu

Johor Bahru, Malaysia's second-largest city, is located in a strategic region that confers rapid development. ...

• Working in Malaysia
    Working in Malaysia

If you want to work in Malaysia, it is important to know the labor market and the conditions related to employment ...

• Become a digital nomad in Malaysia
    Become a digital nomad in Malaysia

Stretching from mainland Asia to the island of Borneo, Malaysia is far from one of the most popular tourist ...

• Finding work in Subang Jaya
    Finding work in Subang Jaya

Subang Jaya is located in the district of Petaling in the state of Selangor, 20 minutes from downtown Kuala ...

• Finding work in Ipoh
    Finding work in Ipoh

Ipoh is the capital of the state of Perak and is often considered a quiet, medium-sized city that offers fewer ...

• Working in Kuala Lumpur
    Working in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur is a fast-paced city, where work is often at the heart of people's lives. As Malaysia's most ...

• Finding work in Seremban
    Finding work in Seremban

Seremban is the state capital of Negeri Sembilan. It lies about an hour south of Kuala Lumpur in the southwest of ...

All of Malaysia's guide articles