How much would a daily maid cost

@ABCDiamond If we pay one of our maids in Dumaguete 6000 php per mo, that would work out to 200 php per day with free room and board. Knowing that a non-live-in maid needs to charge more for personal expenses, I might triple the live-in amount and pay 600 pesos per day.

@ABCDiamond

We are in Dipolog area, Mindanao.  We pay total 6600 peso per month.   It started at 5000, then we started to "help" with gas money for her husband to bring her and pick her up each day, then because she is amazing... bumped her up to 6000 after about 3 months from when she started... She is great, but will soon be gone because she is pregnant now, and will stay home with baby for at least a few months after birth.  I like that my fiancee has someone with her 6 days a week, and not alone in the house while I am here working in the U.S. for a couple months. 

For me, lets change the terminology from maid to housekeeper.

We pay our live in housekeeper P8000 per month.  P6,000 on the 19th and P2,000 on the 3rd of each month. She 39 years old and has been with us four years. For Christmas we give her double salary.

An important thing, an employee always ask themself, is how much will I make and when will I be paid.

It's important to pay them in full on time, every time.

She is a self-starter and doesn't need supervision. She has taken on duties and tasks of her own initiative. The house is always clean, the laundry is done timely.

She has learned cooking skills from my wife and does some of the meal preparation. She also has taken responsibility of keeping track of my wife's medications and making sure that she takes them.

Before grocery shopping she and my wife will make a list, as we need to know what she needs for the household. Sometimes she goes to the small market to make purchases for us.

My wife had several stays in the hospital and she would stay with her all night, sometimes 24 hours at a time to assist her.

She is treated as a member of the family, on the several special occasions (celebrations) when we dined out, we always take her with us.

We have encouraged her to take time off but she seldom does.

When we moved here in 2018 we had several different housekeepers, never anyone of long duration, I believed my wife fired them.

You found a keeper Bob, not easy to do, well done.

Different for me as I pay my better half 12K per month and no qualms. Driver, house keeping we share, cooking we share, washing mostly I do, interpreter, book keeper for wages and money management, garden and brush cutting, watering I do, tree cutting he does and has become proficient with a chain saw, Phone calls, banking, learning to manage the workers, also most days he shops and cooks for them, some times if he is tied up in town one of the workers chips in. The list goes on and on, an over qualified guy here in the province can't get a job, he would have to move back to Manila to a job waiting for him in treasury, I don't want that, nor does he and for what he does the money is chicken sh1t and gives him a sense of independence, worth. Pimp his bike, saving money etc.

My situation only.

Cheers, Steve.

@ABCDiamond the monthly rate full time live in for Metro Manila starting at 7K.

After one  year with no issues. I would pay 10K a month. Be generous, respectful and kind to your house keeper they deserve it.

We pay 6600 per month.. started at 5000 per month about 8 months ago... 5 days a week(6 if needed)... She is/was amazing... but now gone for a few months on maternity.... she has asked us to let her back in a fee months so my fiancee had taken over for now... I am in U.S. working for now... back next month through July or so... then back to U.S. to work again.  This is out second housekeeper since we purchased our beach house... The First housekeeper was just o.k.ish... But this last one is wow...amazing.... We do not have any children, do not a huge deal... I like to have someone for a couple reasons... 1) to have someone at the house for our 2 German Shepherds while we travel around and play, and 2) for my fiancee to have someone in the house while I come back to U.S. and work here and there...  We are in the province of Dapitan, Mindanao... Tag Ulo... and the going rate is 5000... but I have raised the last one up simply because she's amazing... so much better than the first gal we had....

So you pay her 330 pesos per day, what does she do for that and what do you supply her on top of her wage?

Just curious.

Cheers, Steve.

Yes... She does general cleaning(dusting, bathrooms, windows), Laundry, and around the house and beach. Sometimes she cooks as well...  We of course feed her, and many days she goes home with a bag of something for her little family.  We pay her 3000 pesos every other Friday, and 300 pesos every other Friday(for moped fuel)... so works out to a bit more.  I gave her 6000 also for a Christmas bonus.  I know in Manila it is higher than what we pay, but in the province everyone says we pay her well...

Yeah apparently we overpay our workers but wonder if jealousy is involved? Main thing is Wellsfry that you are all happy and have a good relationship.

Cheers, Steve.

The problem for most is not the salary but finding a reliable housekeeper.

We pay 6600 per month.. started at 5000 per month about 8 months ago... 5 days a week(6 if needed)... She is/was amazing... but now gone for a few months on maternity.... she has asked us to let her back in a fee months so my fiancee had taken over for now... I am in U.S. working for now... back next month through July or so... then back to U.S. to work again.  This is out second housekeeper since we purchased our beach house... The First housekeeper was just o.k.ish... But this last one is wow...amazing.... We do not have any children, do not a huge deal... I like to have someone for a couple reasons... 1) to have someone at the house for our 2 German Shepherds while we travel around and play, and 2) for my fiancee to have someone in the house while I come back to U.S. and work here and there...  We are in the province of Dapitan, Mindanao... Tag Ulo... and the going rate is 5000... but I have raised the last one up simply because she's amazing... so much better than the first gal we had....

-@Wellsfry

We are in Valencia Duma boundary. We have a lot of work. We usually start them out at 5.5k. One helper gets 6.75k and the other 7.0k. Both are awesome and live-in 24 hours.

The problem for most is not the salary but finding a reliable housekeeper.        -@Enzyte Bob

100% agree. Also, married maids are influenced by husbands who may have arbitrary whims that now they have enough money and wife can quit. Some husband's encourage their wives to steal things even though she would not normally do that on her own. We have cctv videos of a distant relative maid stealing wife's toiletry, someone you never thought would steal. We never confronted herbut she eventually left on her own. We had a ladyboy maid that looked so much like a woman that I still refer to her in feminine gender even though, politically, that goes against my grain. She was good and we paid her well until she went back to her bar life. Never stole.

@danfinn

So you're across the water from us... we are in Tag Ulo... right next to the Lighthouse... I think 1 is good for us... but we have thought about a 24 hour gal... 🤔

@danfinn
So you're across the water from us... we are in Tag Ulo... right next to the Lighthouse... I think 1 is good for us... but we have thought about a 24 hour gal... 🤔

-@Wellsfry

It looks like a 4-1/2 slow ferry ride from Dapitan to Dumaguete. Yes, 1 can be very good depending on workload. Two is OK but 3 never works out because 2 will become friends and the 3rd will be left out and that would be a problem for you. Nothing you can do about it; it is female human nature. This does not happen with male houseboys. You may need to be aware of the Kasambahay law if you employ live-in. The employers responsibilities are quite ominous if the maid is your actual employee by written contract. But most maids, except for the very rich are self employed and want nothing to do with  contracts (they want at will employment, for themselves) but no matter how you look at it, this person will become an extension of your family deserving of Christmas and birthday gifts, bonuses, health care and money to travel to their home town fiesta, money for personal goods and of course free room and food.