Missing persons, where to go for help

Recently, 1 of our members has become un-contactable Tran Hung Dao as he was known on the site, is considered a friend by Cytsym and I and some others , I would guess, he is not responding to his email or TxTs from me, which is unusual, can any one please advise what proceedures/ methods one might use to check on a friends wherabouts

Hi, have you found your friend? Have you gone to see the police?

You should report to the nearest police station immediately.
They would help to contact other related  parties quickly to search for your friend.

In this case, the nearest police station is:
447C, Trần Hưng Đạo, Ward Cau Kho, District 1

Sincerely wish best luck for your friend.

Windy Vo wrote:

Hi, have you found your friend? Have you gone to see the police?

His friend is a member of this 4rum, then now he disappears, even he sent email to his friend, but his friend didn't answer, thats why he worries now.
OP, if you have his photos, you can try to post it to ask about him in FB's group, many expats than here.

Awesome Idea, I'll do that  big cam' on'

I have no news Mark.
His phone number is no longer in use.
He doesn't answer emails.
The last I heard he was teaching English at an orphanage. I know he worked there on Saturday nights, and some other days, ... Do you have a picture of him?

I get a feeling he doesnt want to be contacted.

Citsym wrote:

I have no news Mark.
His phone number is no longer in use.
He doesn't answer emails.
The last I heard he was teaching English at an orphanage. I know he worked there on Saturday nights, and some other days, ... Do you have a picture of him?

Last I heard THD was setting up his own little school, on the outskirts of HCMC, he had rented a small building, and bought all the equipment, chairs, tables etc, maybe he was sprung for operating a school without a licence, or teaching without a work permit?????

I don't think the police are going to do much unless you are a blood relative.

"A guy that I met online is not responding to my emails and sms" isn't going to be high on the police's to do list.

I do have some photos Cytsym, will send you 1 to your email, from CFB trip

Sounds about right Bluenz
He was teaching just out of HCMC in a direction towards Ba Ria.
I hope it's just that, but his phone number is disconnected, which means if he wanted to get away from everything he's changed numbers. But why do that?
The situation is strange.

The last time I saw him was over coffee maybe 4 months ago ... now zero contact!

Citsym wrote:

Sounds about right Bluenz
He was teaching just out of HCMC in a direction towards Ba Ria.
I hope it's just that, but his phone number is disconnected, which means if he wanted to get away from everything he's changed numbers. But why do that?
The situation is strange.

The last time I saw him was over coffee maybe 4 months ago ... now zero contact!

He may have  just had a gutsful of VN, ( especially if he was trying to make his school legit ), and simply left the country, ( or found that " virgin " he was always looking for to take back to the US , lol ).

Big thank you every one, THDao is hopefully doing something that fills his heart, little bit envious to be honest.I remember the Convoy for babies he organised because another member was on a real downer, and the rememberence day dedication he did for Americans in VN