¡ ARRIBA ! Let'sgohiking in the mountains near Mendoza!

Upwards!

I have to hike upwards!

But, I do not want to hike upwards alone!

If anyone wants someone to accompany them on a hike in the mountains, anywhere, any weekend, tell me and we can make some arrangements. I do not have a car, but I know the schedules of many of the buses.

I work Saturdays until 12:30 , but I am free for the rest of the weekends.

Some ideas:

1. A simple half-day walk up Cerro Arco, going there and returning on the # 114.

2. A full day hike of medium difficulty to the top of Cerro Comisión, returning by the beautiful canyon on the other side. We could go there by the bus to Cacheuta leaving at 7:00 am from the terminal, and going to Colonia Suiza. We would then catch the return bus at 19:00 pm. I have recently done this hike, and can be the guide.

3. Cerro Negro, getting off on the 7:00 bus to Uspallata. I have not done this hike before, so would have to find out about it or go withsomeone who has.

4. Manatiales to the Waterfall. An easy, but long walk from Manatiales. An option would be to stay at the hostel there on Saturday night. They have an excellent artisan brewery in the village called St. Jerome's. Another option would be to camp at the waterfall.

5. Vallecitos, in the Cordon de Plata, where we could stay at the refugios. Very high, beautiful views, condors and I have often seen Guanacos there. The problem is transportation, there are no buses there. I usually take a bus to Potreillos and hitchike from there.

7. Piedras Blancas, another place with a hostel, southwest of Portreillos, buses at 8:00 am. A nice realxing hostel there if we went later on Saturday.

8. Later, in December, I would like to do the Christ Redeemer (el Cristo el Redentor) statue on the old road to Chile on the frontier again.

9. Anywhere upwards.

10. Anywhere else upwards.

If I do not arrange another walk somewhere else with someone, I will probably just do Cerro Arco by myself on Sunday morning to feed my addiction. Anyone is welcome to join me at the last minute, just let me know before I leave and we can meet somewhere.

Let me know. My direct email is beachesl@gmail.com , and my cellular is (0261) 155915628.

Hello Mendozanow, welcome to Expat.com :)
You should maybe also post an ad in Mendoza Classifieds -> Leisure, Activities section?

(I removed the Spanish part of your message, as you already posted it on the Spanish speaking forum :))

Ill be on my way upwards in Mendoza soon!!!!!! ill join you!!!!!!!

Okay, send me an email to my gmail account beachesl

....DOMINGO, el tiempo por el 2 de septiembre......

Mucho sol, muy calido y agradable

Mínima: 14º
Máxima: 26º

Unless somebody has an alternative (open to any ideas, just gotta go to the mountains!), how about taking the 8:25 bus (linea, Expreso Uspallata) to Manatiales and easy walking (2.5-3 hours up, 2 hours down) to the waterfalls of El Salto? One hour and 15 minute bus ride, the 6:30 pm bus returning to Mendoza terminal at about 8 pm)
---------
A menos que alguien tiene una alternativa, ¿qué hay que tomar el micro de 8:25 (linea, Expreso Uspallata) a Manantiales y caminar (2,5-3 horas ida, 2 horas vuelta) a las cascadas de El Salto?

Hello mendozanow, can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that other members can understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

uMMUMM okay

We went to Vallecitos instead last Sunday, so...

We are going on an easy hike on SUNDAY, September 9, 2012.
-------------------------
A hike from MANATIALES to CATARACA DE EL SALTO, an easy 3.5 hour hike to a cirque at the Cordon de Plata to see a waterfall. The return is about 2 hours. The start will be warm, but bring a warm jacket and a cap for the cirque, as it usually is cool there. I have gone there many times.

The bus leaves 8:25 am on the dot from around platform 47 at the terminal (buy a ticket to Manatiales). I suggest buying your ticket no later than 8:10 am at the Expreso Uspallata bus line ticket counter (extreme south side of the terminal near platfrom 54) and start lining up right away to ensure you do not have to stand for the 1.5 hour trip there.

In the cirque, you will probably see some condors (the last time I went I saw a guanaco, but that is a rare sight there)

Then we could hike back and go for a beer or wine we hide under a rock in the creek at the trail head to cool it (Jerome is on an artisanal brewery in Manatiales, that serves expensive but different beer) before catching the 6:30 pm bus back to Mendoza (it arrives back in Mendoza about 8:30 pm because of the Sunday evening traffic).The cost of the tickets is about 16 pesos one way.

Bring a hat, a picnic, warm weather clothes, and maybe an extra snack, at least 2 litres of water, a jacket for the cirque and sunblock (and any libation of choice for after).

CANCELLED, high chance of rain and snow, cloudy and cold in Manatiales.
:(
NEXT SUNDAY?